Healthcare Policy Consultant
- Washington, DC
About This Position
FiscalNote Markets is seeking an experienced Healthcare Policy Consultant to direct the firm’s introduction of a healthcare sector-focused research practice. An ideal candidate will have substantial experience with state and federal healthcare policy, a fluency with key political and market-driven sector themes, and the ability to translate complex and nuanced concepts into clear, actionable ideas. Our clients are large, institutional investors, and an analyst must successfully chart a course between policy and markets – understanding what policy shifts may ultimately affect companies, and helping investors be predictive about metastasizing political, regulatory, or litigation catalysts.
Key themes impacting markets today include issues as broad and complex as single-payer and universal coverage policy proposals, drug pricing reforms, and other regulatory and legislative actions to control health costs at the state and federal levels, as well as opioid litigation, ACA litigation, and industry M&A activity. You will be the face of our healthcare practice, and, as with any start up, it’s a big job.
About FiscalNote Markets
You will join a fast-growing and tactical team focused on creating innovative solutions for Wall Street. As policy risk becomes more pervasive, the team at FiscalNote Markets sees opportunity to deploy technology to improve investor risk management, identify opportunities, and develop long-term investment theses. We offer best-in-class regulatory and political risk analysis to FiscalNote’s issues management infrastructure to deliver a platform which allows investors to understand policy risks with the same speed and nuance as financial metrics. This is a remote or on-site opportunity that will work closely with our teams in New York and Washington, DC. Our workspace champions our culture through a vibrant, modern, open-concept that still offers privacy, fostering collaboration and success. Our team is committed to being a good neighbor, woven into the fabric of our communities, and continually looking for new opportunities to support our community.
FiscalNote Markets is a transformative, data-driven platform that combines industry-leading analysis and information to allow investors to anticipate and respond to legislative and regulatory risks impacting their investments. FiscalNote Markets is provided by Sandhill Strategy, a registered investment adviser founded in 2019. FiscalNote Markets maintains strict compliance and ethics standards consistent with the expectations of our Wall Street clients.
Success In This Role Includes:
- Successfully pass relevant FINRA exams (Series 65, or may also possess Series 7 and 66)
- Publish reports 2-3 times per week on topics impacting investment themes
- Maintain real-time coverage of events that impact investments
- Appear regularly in print or broadcast media, and maintain relationships to maximize opportunities for exposure
- Visit clients 2-3 times per year, for 30-40 days spent traveling each year (or the COVID-19 equivalent)
- Manage relationships with institutional clients, including active and prospective client relationships and partnerships
- Speak on panels for investor, company, and policy maker audiences
What Sets You Apart:
- 5+ Years of experience within a Federal agency (HHS, CDC, FDA, etc.) or state agency equivalent, lobbying firm, law firm, advocacy group, think tank, government affairs practice, and/or the Hill working on healthcare policy
- A strong passion for healthcare policy and analysis
- Experience publishing predictive reports on various policy areas and relaying published results to key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills focused on listening and understanding client needs, and providing concise, impactful expertise on policy areas in question
- Comfortable with presenting and public speaking to diverse and dynamic audiences
- Ability to maintain a complex schedule with early morning deadlines, and flexible client engagement meetings
- Hold or previously held a Series 65 licence (preferred by not required)
Reference ID: #LI-PD1
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNote’s tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.
Back to top