Full Stack Software Engineer II
- Washington, DC
About the Position
You will build and own complex web app features in Ruby on Rails (Reactive Rails) while collaborating with other cross-functional R&D team members. This position will also mentor other engineers, provide technical guidance, perform code review, and deliver on projects end-to-end. You will be critical in guiding the trajectory of our flagship web application while developing new user-delighting experiences and improving upon existing functionality.
About the Team
Our team is driven to connect the people of the world to their governments. You will get the opportunity to work at a late-stage startup pushing the boundaries of open data transparency while collaborating with some of the industry’s brightest engineers, data scientists, designers, and product professionals to devise, nurture, and implement solutions to address continuously evolving and increasing client expectations and demands.
Driven. Bold. Thoughtful. Although proud of how far you’ve come in honing your craft, you look forward to growing in your technical and functional leadership abilities. Even more excited to share your skills and experiences, you thrive in collaborative environments in which continuously evolving and increasing client demands serve as the catalyst for bold results.
Considering US locations for this role with preferred locations in any of these states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, ID, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NC, NY, NJ, OH, OR, PA, TN, UT, WA, WI, VA. Must be open to working an adapted schedule to meet business needs in predominantly Eastern Standard Time.
What to Expect:
- Build web application functionality in Ruby on Rails, particularly with a Reactive Rails paradigm
- Work across teams to ensure cohesion and collaboration across R&D functions (engineering, product, QA, data, etc.)
- Create experiences for end users by applying your knowledge to deliver a world-class user experience
- Mentor other engineers on software development practices
What Sets You Apart:
- 5+ years of professional experience in the software development industry and with Ruby on Rails
- Working knowledge of production environments (Unix, Bash, nginx, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience building successful working relationships with Product + UI/UX teams
- Experience leading projects from inception to completion
- Architecture and production decision-making experience (preferred)
- Experience with Reactive Rails paradigm (preferred)
- Legacy Enterprise Application integration and/or migration experience (preferred)
- Experience with web security, writing secure code, or OWASP (preferred)
Reference ID: #LI-EB1
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNote’s tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.
Back to top