About the Position:
We’re looking for an individual to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Client Success organization and, in partnership with other team leaders, lead the development and execution of our client engagement strategy. The Director of Client Success is responsible for working with the VP of Client Success & Professional Services to ensure extraordinary levels of client satisfaction and engagement. With experience both managing teams and high-level client engagements, this individual is tasked to maximize the output and quality of our Client Success team and maintain proper nurturing of all client accounts.
- Recruit, develop and retain a team of Client Success Managers dedicated to client success and long-term client partnerships
- Design and implement processes to cost effectively support all accounts from our smallest to our largest
- Serve as escalation point for client issues
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders at FiscalNote
- Manage our Client Success team in its renewal and upsell efforts, including the maintenance of accurate forecasting and upsell identification and management
- Oversee the use of our CRM (Salesforce + Gainsight) to optimize team consistency and efficiency
- Provide opportunities for mentorship and advancement when appropriate
- Build and nurture C-level relationships across the top accounts and clients to solidify their partnership with FiscalNote
- Travel to client sites and events, both within the DC/Maryland/Virginia region and elsewhere (20-30%)
Empathetic. Driven. Motivating. You engage members of your own team with the same zest and fervor with which you work with clients. You exhibit a relentless passion for matching client needs with software solutions. Having spent years shaping individual teams, you recognize the need for cross collaboration and thrive in situations requiring close coordination both internally and externally. You recognize that going above and beyond for clients doesn’t just result in happy users, but also contributes to rapid revenue growth in our recurring revenue model. With a charming disposition, you are able to adeptly interact with clients and partners in any setting. Constantly evolving in your abilities, you are not limited by your current skill set and are always eager to take on anything that comes your way.
- 6+ years professional experience managing professional services, Client Success, or Account management teams (Global experience ideal)
- 3+ years of experience as a Client Success Manager (or similar) at a software, SaaS, or technology company (preferred)
- Experience working in high-growth, rapidly evolving environments
- Proven background in team motivation and individual development
- Direct experience managing a sales pipeline (new business and/or renewal)
- Experience selling or managing accounts for cloud-based/SaaS solution offerings
- Extensive experience with some type of CRM (preferably Salesforce) and some type of Client Success platform (preferably Gainsight)
- Excellent organization, project management, time management, and communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp and clearly explain technological and business concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Client Success
Committed to highlighting our products’ advanced uses and powerful features, the Client Success team dedicates itself to encouraging successful adoption of our platform and its various features. Understanding that the client is king, the team works to incorporate valuable client insight in the product development process, while also aligning with Business Development and Marketing to relay successful use cases to both the FiscalNote team and the greater world. Client Success team members are the renaissance men and women of FiscalNote -- always up to the task of intelligently speaking about any issue a client may toss their way.