About Engineering at FiscalNote
Our team has a wealth of diverse life and career experiences that allow us to think outside of the box and ahead of the curve. And we laugh – all the time. You'll get the opportunity to work at an institution pushing the boundaries of open data transparency, while collaborating with some of the industry’s brightest engineers and data scientists to devise, nurture, and implement cutting-edge solutions to continuously evolving engineering obstacles.
About the Position
DevOps, the secret sauce between Information Technology and Operations. The true definition of building the plane while flying. The DevOps team has one singular goal; to change and improve the relationship by advocating better communication and collaboration between IT and Ops. Our hope is to bring on someone with the will and passion to grow an enterprise organization and build the rest of FiscalNote while we take flight.
- Automate, maintain, and scale a cloud based production environment
- Continually monitor the health and uptime of our production environment and its dependencies
- Respond to any infrastructure issues in order to meet customer and internal SLAs
- Work in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional and positive demeanor
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical employees across all functional areas
- Assist in building continuous deployment tools in order to provide a seamless deployment process to all environments
- Use innovative methods including the redesign of process and providing technical solutions to reduce the volume and mean time to recover from incidents.
- Identify risks & issues and take ownership to deliver appropriate resolutions.
- Works and cooperates with internal and external groups when required in order to fully support environments and maintain service.
- Improves change management processes and procedures to ensure the most efficient processing of change within appropriate service risk constraints.
- Collaborates with business, third party vendors, developers, application support and technical operations groups to determine appropriate hardware/software needed and to resolve any issues impacting the application processes.
- The ability to code or script in Bash, Perl, Python or Ruby, Java
- An understanding of system administration experience with Linux based systems in a distributed environment
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational databases, including Elasticsearch, MongoDB or PostgreSQL
- Exposure to Linux/Unix Command line tools
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, including application layer protocols (e.g. DNS, FTP, SMTP,etc.) and firewalls
- A passion to learn more about continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) using latest DevOps tools and innovative methods
The FiscalNote GRM platform is the most effective solution for managing government impact and public issues and is quickly becoming the cloud platform of choice for global brands as they analyze and manage their government risk, opportunity, and influence at the local, state, federal, and international levels. More than 200 companies rely on FiscalNote GRM and its services.
Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture. FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and drive by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer a comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options including a Flexible spending account. We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FIscalNote is an EEOC.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visitwww.DHS.gov/E-Verify