FiscalNote is looking for an experienced and innovative Chief Marketing Officer to lead FiscalNote's marketing efforts into its next stage as an industry leader. At FiscalNote, our thought leadership provides government relations, compliance, and legal professionals around the world with critical analysis and guidance about how to manage in an era of political uncertainty and lead with cutting-edge technology. This belief in the power of technology to transform our clients is at the core of what we do. And with a growing presence in market as a category-defining company, we need to continue to build upon our identity and story to accomplish our mission.
- 8+ years in marketing or other relevant function.
- Overseen branding and identity, lead/demand generation, content marketing, social media, product marketing, press and analyst relations, events and thought leadership functions.
- Developed an evolving and rapidly changing brand at an early to mid-stage growth company.
- Assessed, developed, and implemented strategies for funnel optimization, campaign management, and customer acquisition cost.
- Developed thought leadership strategies for industry-leading and category-defining products, specifically targeted towards a defined professional persona.
- Experience with subscription-oriented businesses requiring both acquisition marketing and retention marketing.
- Previous experience with enterprise marketing and sales enablement in the information services or analytics software industry (preferred)
- Managed through complex communications and public relations issues (preferred)
- Experience with company acquisitions and integrations of multiple brands (preferred)
- Supervised and mentored marketing employees at different stages of professional growth.
Creative. Supportive. Analytical. Compassionate. Crafting a message that hits home to an entire industry and defines how professionals see their work is what fuels your day to day. You understand that a great marketing organization requires the entire company to sing from the same book and are collaborative and supportive in order to achieve that alignment. You’re not afraid to quickly experiment to boldly proclaim the power of FiscalNote’s constantly changing products and are excited by the opportunity to craft a strategy that aligns with its changing capabilities. You are fiercely competitive in driving differentiation with emerging competitors and understand that building a highly functioning marketing strategy requires openness, compassion for understanding the client, and a drive to be world class in everything that has the FiscalNote identity attached to it. You identify and drive quantitative and easily understood metrics that show the efficacy of marketing resources in driving leads, gaining thought leadership, and supporting the organization.
- Oversee the branding and identity, lead/demand generation, content marketing, social media, product marketing, press and analyst relations, events and thought leadership functions at FiscalNote.
- Build and recruit a world-class marketing organization focused on leading the world in government relations and compliance
- Craft a support-driven marketing organization that is invested in the success of every other department from sales to recruiting
- Continue to drive key branding, messaging, storytelling for a new category of enterprise software by leading industry thought leadership tracks and developing relationships with key clients (User Conference, Executive Events, etc.)
- Manage FiscalNote’s entire marketing, branding, and advertising budget across multiple customer segments and products
- Strategically plan and evaluate FiscalNote’s brand and product positioning for today and future growth, keeping up to date with innovative and experimental opportunities for differentiation- Work closely with the heads of all departments in driving and supporting key messaging
- Ensure FiscalNote’s marketing processes and operations continue to support the sales organization in funnel optimization and campaigns
- Ensure proper processes around new product launches, go to market, and acquisitions to drive faster time to market- Drive company-wide metrics around employee efficiency, CAC, payback period, etc.
- Participate as a member of the Executive Team and C-Level Strategy Team
FiscalNote is the leading Government Relations Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture. FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote is an Equal Opportunity Employer