Business Development Strategist
About Business Development at FiscalNote
Armed with a cutting-edge suite of open-data products, our Business Development team relishes the chance to demonstrate the power of our technology to potential customers. The team personifies our intersection of the policy and technology worlds by cleverly leveraging acumen across many subject areas to seek out and show organizations how our products can powerfully augment their current efforts to understand and impact government action. As the momentum and excitement behind FiscalNote products grow, our Business Development team relentlessly seeks opportunity for revenue growth across diverse industries and sectors.
About the Position
FiscalNote growth hinges on BD Strategists closing the deals that bring our cutting-edge technology to the fingertips of organizations interested in better understanding and acting upon legislative and regulatory data. Extremely motivated to succeed, our BD Strategists cleverly navigate any roadblock that gets in the way of achieving revenue goals. Propelling Prophecy, Atlantis, and Sonar into the forefront of the legal information services world, BD Strategists not only entice interest and demonstrate our data-driven value proposition, but also bring in the revenue that fuels FiscalNote growth.
- Strategically build, manage, and close deals in sales pipeline
- Advise and educate sophisticated decision makers and users (VPs of Public Policy, Government Affairs Managers, lobbyists, etc.) of best practices regarding our cutting-edge and revolutionary technology platform
- Be responsible for closing a quota of new business per quarter
- Leverage our world-class Policy and Data Science teams to dive deeper into the effectiveness and capability of our platform with potential customers
- Manage 1-2 Business Development Associates
Astute. Personable. Hungry. You not only quickly gain trust, but also easily comprehend and empathize with issues potential customers may have. Your keen understanding of the sales cycle provides the tactical insight necessary to identify ideal methods of penetrating accounts ripe for a sale. Your resiliency and competitive nature are core to your successful track record, but your intellectual curiosity drives perpetual personal growth.
- Undergraduate degree
- 2+ years of sales experience with a minimum of 1 year directly closing business
- Experience providing both remote and in-person demonstrations of a technology platform
- Demonstrated success in revenue-generating, quota-carrying role
- Capacity to navigate different industry verticals
- Proven ability to effectively negotiate price and terms
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task through different accounts at different stages of the deal cycle
Back to top