- Washington, DC
About the Role
We’re in search of an Associate Consultant to act as a client advocate and an extension of our client’s team. Our Associate Consultants are curious, creative, and self-motivated. In this role you will work with clients as a critical participant in their FiscalNote experience. Actively anticipating both internal and external needs, our Associate Consultants proactively seek and create solutions before problems arise. Born wonks, they stay on top of the latest legislative trends to help produce compelling thought leadership. Capable of thinking through virtually any critical issue, Associate Consultants seamlessly adapt to any situation they confront.
About Professional Services
Committed to helping clients achieve more through better information and analysis, the Professional Services team takes on projects that provide clients with deliverables and support that enable our clients to work smarter. Understanding the needs of clients, our team works with Business Development and Account Management to create tailored projects that complement our cutting-edge product suite. We are dynamic, hard-working, and driven individuals who thrive in an open team structure where there are constant learning opportunities and room for growth.
You’re a self-motivated, energetic jack-of-all-trades that enjoys exploring the political and policy world from a multitude of perspectives. A born communicator, you are able to synthesize information and communicate it to a diverse audience. You don’t like to limit yourself to your current skill set and are constantly sniffing out greater opportunities to grow. A team player, willing and enthusiastic to pitch in wherever necessary to support both clients and the company. You can comfortably navigate the worlds of both technology and policy. You prefer data-driven insights rather than anecdotal evidence to drive your decisions and actions and are comfortable talking data, tech and current events.
In This Role You Will:
- Actively collaborate across many teams
- Analyze and synthesize legislation and policy at the federal, state, and local levels for clients
- Deliver written analysis and professional communication to clients ranging from Analyst to Executive levels
- Use and analyze data to understand, interpret, visualize quantitative research and insights
- Manage and execute on multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail, while meeting tight deadlines
- Help to create and scope tailored solutions to pair with the FiscalNote product suite
- Join client calls and meetings to support the sales of professional services products
- Own the functional aspects of client projects including project management, documentation of requirements and timeline, communication of status and more
- Become an expert in our current products and solutions while contributing to the development of new technical and professional services products.
- Communicate client and product-related feedback to product, engineering and sales teams
Do You Have:
- 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in research, government, and/or consulting
- A proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional organization and time-management skills
- A strong interest in the intersection of politics, policy, and technology
- A Bachelor's degree in political science, government, economics or a related subject or equivalent experience
- Policy experience to analyze laws at multiple levels of government on behalf of clients
- Experience analyzing data and conveying concise targeted insights
- Strong independent research skills and the ability to learn new things quickly
- Ability to use data visualization tools to produce dashboards and other interactive visualizations for client organizations (Preferred)
- Working fluency in another language (Preferred)
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNote’s tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.
Back to top