About the Position
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is an integral member of the Finance team, responsible for the successful processing and management of client accounting data. The AR Specialist will track the collection of receivables, perform check runs, and reconcile cash receipts in a timely and detailed manner. Additionally, the AR Specialist will interact with internal client-facing departments to properly review contract documents and ensure that client billings and payments are aligned within contracted terms. The AR Specialist will also support the Finance team by generating accounts receivable reports during the monthly close process and as required by both internal and client requests.
Methodical. Detail-oriented. Motivated. You are a self-starter who can work with little guidance. Always on the hunt for ways to help out, you proactively address issues and tasks to ensure ultimate attention and completion. You both understand and appreciate the need for an organized cash collection process and its impact on the overall financial health of our organization. You frequently meander in the at-times nebulous world of both adhering to strict financial regulation while also constantly thinking of innovative and optimal paths of compliant accounting.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Prior Accounts Receivable and Collections experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of accounting concepts and accounting standard changes, specifically regarding revenue recognition in a SaaS company
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Netsuite
- Strong time management, organizational skills, attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the overall accounting operations, focusing specifically on invoicing and cash receipts processes within the organization
- Prepare customer invoices for standard and non-standard contracts according to contract terms
- Document, track, and process customer accounts, payments and records
- Verify, research and resolve customer billing concerns
- Oversee sales tax exemption and multiple points of use certificates
- Perform account analysis and report on overall customer health regarding payment schedules
- Expedite customers payments via standardized billing & collection process
- Oversee, review and communicate appropriate details of Accounts Receivable Sub-Ledger
- Prepare relevant financial reports highlighting key trends and metrics
- Assist with revenue recognition process, analysis and reconciliation including BESP analysis
- Preparation of account reconciliations for all Accounts Receivable related accounts
- Continuous optimization in the team’s workflow, efficiency, accuracy and communication
- Assist with annual audit requirements and coordination with external auditors
FiscalNote is the leading Government Relations Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use.
Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture. FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values, which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote is an Equal Opportunity Employer