Trust Analyst I
- Denver, CO
About First Western Trust.
First Western's mission is to be the best private bank for the western wealth management client. We believe that each of our clients shares our entrepreneurial spirit and values our sophisticated, high-touch wealth management services that are tailored to meet their specific needs. We provide a trusted adviser platform with an established approach to investment management through a branded network of boutique private trust bank offices located across Colorado, Arizona, Wyoming and California.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, we provide a fully integrated suite of wealth management services on a private trust bank platform, which includes a comprehensive selection of deposit, loan, trust, wealth planning and investment management products and services.
You can find us trading on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "MYFW."
Your Potential at First Western Trust
Are you looking or a career in Trust and Finance? Do you enjoy solving problems and working through challenges all while cultivating relationship with internal and external clients? Do you want to be part of a culture of growth and?
Great! If you are ready to join a growing team within our Fiduciary Management Services team apply now! We are looking for highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starters for a great career opportunity.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Support the local Trust Office and Senior Trust Officer by completing regular trust department activities.
- Assist with the administration of fiduciary accounts.
- Attend client, prospect, and professional advisor meetings as requested; complete requests from clients and professional advisors.
- Research and identify business development strategies to expand fiduciary business; develop and execute marketing strategies that bring new clients to the organization.
- Cultivate relationships with professional advisors and create communications for advisors.
- Assist in educating PC associates about First Western’s fiduciary services and how to identify business opportunities.
- Research the legal intricacies of the fiduciary business and assist the Senior Trust Officer with writing white papers (upon request).
- Coordinate the administration of Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs).
- Collaborate with internal directors and associates on fulfilling beneficiary needs.
- Assist in creating and finalizing fiduciary tax returns.
- Interact with beneficiaries regarding distribution requests.
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all applicable internal policies and procedures
- Prepare quarterly trust memos for trust committee meetings.
- Attend TIC TAC meetings, take notes and produce minutes.
- Assist with special projects as needed and directed by CIO and STO.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 – 3 years related experience and/or training preferred.
- CTFA Preferable
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills.
- Technical knowledge of trust and fiduciary plan rules, tax, legal, and operations acquired through formal education or related experience; ability to research and interpret legal documents; strong problem solving skills; excellent written and verbal communications; team-oriented; detail-oriented; ability to organize and prioritize work; proven ability to work with confidential information
Looking to take your career to the next level? First Western is not only offering a competitive salary to start and full health (dental, vision) benefits, but also the following:
- Strong Bonus Potential
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Paid Parking/Transportation Benefits
- Access to Training & Professional Development Programs
- Sponsorship for Obtaining Professional Certifications
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time-Off + Bank Holidays
Interested in learning more and seeing how we connect? Visit us today at: https://myfw.com/ourcareers/
Questions? Contact us at HumanCapital@myfw.com
First Western Financial, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our associates. EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Back to top