Senior Trust Officer - Director of Trust and Wealth Planning
We are First Western Trust.
Individually, we are entrepreneurs, advisors, art collectors, and more. Together, we are a team with a mission to be the best. We find ways to share and celebrate excellent work; we are prepared to go above and beyond to do what's right; we work with purpose; we create new solutions that allow us to deliver better value; we expect and invite honesty from others; and we seek to understand before being understood.
This is who we are, how we work, what we believe, and what we expect.
Want to join a talented, creative group of professionals? First Western is hiring a highly experienced and professional thought leader to lead the trust & estate and wealh planning function within the organization.
This role is one of the most highly visible positions within the company, overseeing and coordinating activities relative to our high net-worth clientele's trusts, conservatorships, and other fiduciary relationships. Our Senior Trust Officer is seen as a thought leader within the organization and maintains an active network within a number of professional organizations, law offices, and charitable organizations. As our resident fiduciary expert, the Senior Trust Officer also provides direct supervision to our existing trust staff as well as support to our Wealth Planning Advisors on complex financial plans. If you are a highly knowledgeable and experienced Trust & Estate Planning professional looking for an opportunity to take on a leadership role within a growing organization, apply today and see how we connect!
- Organizational Leadership: Gives tactical direction to all trust officers within First Western, fosters the development of the Wealth Planning team as a whole, and meets with Trust Board Committee of the Bank’s Board of Directors
- Relationship Management: Maintains relationships for Trust accounts to develop and retain highly satisfied clients, attend meetings with beneficiaries and portfolio managers to recommend potential additions or changes to wealth planning objectives
- Consultative Approach: Consults with client’s attorneys, accountants, and financial planners to promote fiduciary services
- Community Involvement: Maintain a presence within our markets and communities through philanthropic and business boards involvement, as well as networking with like-minded professionals within the industry
- Strategic Thought: Creates and ensures delivery of fiduciary-oriented financial plans created by Wealth Planning team
- Juris Doctor (JD) required
- 10+ years in Trust departments and/or experience as an attorney specializing in trust & estate planning
- 4+ years experience in a supervisory role
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and maintain trust relationships
- Experience with public speaking
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to present complex ideas and financial information in a simplified, easy-to-understand manner
Looking to take your career to the next level? First Western is not only offering a competitive salary to start and full health (dental, vision) benefits, but also the following:
- Bonus Potential
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Paid Parking/Transportation Benefits
- Access to Training & Professional Development Programs
- Sponsorship for Obtaining Professional Certifications
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time-Off+ Bank Holidays
Interested in learning more and seeing how we connect? Apply today.
First Western Financial, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our associates. EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Meet Some of First Western's Employees
Elio identifies any potential risks inherent in lending money to each and every applicant that comes to First Western Trust seeking to borrow money from the bank.
Back to top