Mortgage Loan Underwriter III
- Greenwood Village, CO
Strive for excellence. Focus on people. Invest in the future.
At First Western, these values guide us in all that we do: be it client facing, among our own associates, or within our community. Here, you will have the opportunity to be part of a fast growing company that needs driven, proactive associates. Our success is built on strong teamwork and a commitment to client service.
If you have at least two years recent experience in residential mortgage underwriting (bank environment) and you want to continue your career with a stable, growing company in the DTC area, apply with us today!
Summary of Job:
Evaluate and render credit decisions on loan requests for 1-4 family residential loans, using a defined methodology that meets Bank, agency, mortgage insurer, and investor credit policies and underwriting standards.
- Analyze credit strength, employment profile, assets, collateral, and all other pertinent information for Jumbo, Conventional, Government, USDA Rural Housing, and Bank portfolio programs.
- Render credit decisions in alignment with internal, investor and insurer underwriting guidelines.
- Partner with MLOs and mortgage loan processors on complex and/or exception transactions.
- Adhere to all department service level standards for communication, production, turn-times and compliance.
- Prioritize daily workflow from a queue-based system to maximize efficiencies.
- Complete daily, monthly, and/or quarterly reporting as required.
- Underwrite up to 60 new files each month, in addition to reviewing and clearing file resubmissions and conditions.
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all applicable laws and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Targeted Pay Range: $45.67/hour - $52.89/hour, based on experience
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Application Close Date: Open until Filled
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of recent residential mortgage underwriting experience in a bank environment
- FHA Direct Endorsement underwriting authority required; VA LAPP/SAR and USDA underwriting authority preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Encompass preferred
- Must be well-versed in underwriting all income types, including ability to complete accurate income calculations from 1120, 1120S and 1065 returns; exceptional knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC underwriting guidelines; thorough knowledge of all current regulatory requirements including but not limited to TILA/RESPA, Reg B, ECOA, and MDIA; proficient in DU/DO and LP; strong analytical, written and verbal communications skills; detail-oriented; ability to prioritize complex and diverse responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; ability to identify and analyze risk factors that may compromise overall loan quality; ability to work independently and with a team; ability to use discretion when making business decisions.
- Knowledge of GUS and Bond programs
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter and answer the questions below. A member from our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch with you shortly should they determine your qualifications are fit for the role.
Interested in learning more and seeing how we connect? Visit us today at: https://myfw.com/careers/
First Western will accommodate applicants with disabilities who need help applying for a position. Contact TalentManagement@myfw.com for assistance.
First Western Financial, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our associates. Equal Opportunity Employer including disabilities / vets.
Back to top