Manager of Trust Operations
Strive for excellence. Focus on people. Invest in the future. At First Western, these values guide us in all that we do: whether working with clients, teammates, or within our community.
First Western Trust is a fast growing company in an industry that is rapidly changing. To keep up, it takes the best of the best, so what’s it like to be a part of our team?
• Our associates are adaptable. They are constantly learning, growing, and building new opportunities for themselves and their clients. They move at a fast pace and are able to pivot from one project to the next with ease.
• Our associates are critical thinkers. They can see the opportunity in complex problems. They are able to analyze the needs of our clients and offer clear, integrated, custom-tailored solutions.
• Our associates are team players. They love working together. Each year, our culture survey highlights that the thing associates love most about working at First Western is the great partnerships they have with their teammates.
• Our associates are contributors. They take an active hand in forging their own career paths. They care about our clients and delivering results.
Want to join a talented, creative group of professionals? We are currently seeking an experienced investment professional to be our new Manager of Trust Operations in Downtown Denver just steps from Union Station!
Our Manager of Trust Operations is responsible for managing a great team of 6-8 associates who work with multiple operating functions and systems. They’re charged with providing work direction to ensure that processing is completed accurately according to procedures and service standards. This person will also maintain risk management and quality control assurances to prevent financial and regulatory exposure to the organization. As is typical with a supervisory role, the Manager will also be expected to manage associate performance and provide coaching when necessary. We’re not looking for a micromanager, rather, a collaborative leader and confidence builder that can encourage employees to seek solutions.
•Participate in the company’s action plan for profitable growth by providing strong management and effective leadership, and by implementing changes that contribute to operational efficiencies
•Mitigate risk to the association by identifying and resolving complex problems including potential client service, legal and regulatory issues
•Assist in the proactive management of custodian and third-party vendor relationships, and ensure high quality service to both internal and external clients
•Organize special project involvement/ownership utilizing First Western’s project methodology
•Conduct monthly team meetings and one-on-ones; provide ongoing training and development and assess/communicate performance results
• Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all applicable laws and regulations, policies and procedures
•Prepare for and serve as the day-to-day contact during internal audits and examinations, and ensure satisfactory ratings
Required Technical Skills:
•6+ years of experience in securities processing and/or trust banking or brokerage industry
•Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Advent, and Trust Desk (FIS trust accounting system)
•1+ year supervisory experience
•Advanced knowledge of the laws and regulations of the Trust industry and securities processing in addition to fiduciary laws and regulations
Required Interpersonal Skills:
•Excellent analytical, presentation, and oral & written communication skills
•Detail-oriented with exceptional organization and project management skills
•Ability to organize and delegate effectively
•Strong degree of integrity and candor
Looking to take your career to the next level? First Western is not only offering a competitive salary to start and full health (dental, vision) benefits, but also the following:
- Bonus Potential
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Paid Parking/Transportation Benefits
- Access to Training & Professional Development Programs
- Sponsorship for Obtaining Professional Certifications
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time-Off+ Bank Holidays
Interested in learning more and seeing how we connect? Visit us today at: http://myfw.com/thefirstwesternway/
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]
First Western Financial, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our associates. EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Meet Some of First Western's Employees
Elio identifies any potential risks inherent in lending money to each and every applicant that comes to First Western Trust seeking to borrow money from the bank.
Back to top