First Media is a millennial focused media company and one of the top 10 publishers on Facebook, with 1.6 billion monthly views. We are seeking a hard working, eager-to-learn and creative Production Assistant specializing in lighting and set design. This is a great opportunity to gain production and on-set experience at growing media startup in lifestyle verticals including cooking, DIY, home décor, baby & parenting, and beauty. You’ll be part of a fast-paced, fun and creative company.
- Establish lighting requirements, composition & atmosphere, and textures of sets
- Liaise with the production team to interpret their creative vision into the lighting design and sets/backgrounds
- Plot the lighting and assemble all the lighting and filter equipment needed
- Ensure all lighting equipment and sets is in working order
- Pre-rig the lighting and ensure all cables and wires are safely concealed
- Check the focusing of lighting at rehearsals/run-throughs
- Operate and maintain equipment during the shoot
- Change lighting between shots, as necessary
- Program and operate lighting consoles when necessary
- De-rig all equipment and set materials at the end of production and ensure it is safely transported away from the location and/or stored
- Review footage shots with the production team
- Ideate, collaborate, build, and put together sets to create atmosphere Organize and set mood boards, and assist in designing and set-up
- Assist in building and painting sets when necessary
- Excellent color vision, visual awareness, and design skills (prior experience in interior design a plus)Good technical knowledge: lighting rigs, color theory, building & construction
- Attention to detail a must
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Effective communication skills
- Problem-solving ability.
- Patience and sensitivity to the needs of actors and other professionals on set
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Must be available to work Mondays-Fridays between 9am-5pm
- Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to cope under pressure from clients and colleagues, responding quickly and appropriately to requests, using own initiative.
First Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
Back to top