Director, Production Operations
First Media is a millennial focused media company and one of the top 10 publishers on Facebook, with 1.6 billion monthly views. We are seeking a well-respected and highly-experienced Director, Production Operations to lead the company's overall production process in order to achieve technical, creative and financial success across every project. As a key member of our management team, you’ll be a driver and important contributor to our creative brand. The ideal candidate will embrace our company culture and be highly motivated, adaptable, detail-oriented, and have great interpersonal skills. We create beautiful work under tight deadlines, so we need flexible team members who are extremely organized and able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is passionate for what they do and is confident representing our Production and company-wide efforts to key staff, while inspiring and collaborating with various department heads on a multitude of projects.
- Work closely with the creative teams, ensuring the best possible production process with all parties.
- Support and elevate the creative goals for the production by making appropriate production, financial and logistical recommendations.
- Continuously optimize production processes through in-depth analysis and elevate workflow.
- Oversee and manage the entire production team.
- Proactively manage timelines and deadlines through project management tool.
- Aid in the initial assessment, viability and forecasting of potential projects.
- Advise on all levels of resource allocation for projects with Producers, Supervisors, Heads of Department and HR.
- Help producers schedule optimal schedule and department dependencies.
- Act as the primary conduit between project award and internal set-up and execution, championing such areas as the hand-off process, kick-off meetings, delivery schedules and determining key goals.
- Ensure that projects are scheduled accurately and are kept on track.
- Connect with Finance on financial reporting, methodologies, goals and strategies on a regular basis
- Collaborate with project supervisors to assess and determine resource allocations, needs and priorities.
- Initiate effective and healthy collaboration across all departments.
- Work with Producers, Supervisors and Directors to identify budgetary consequences and tradeoffs to aid with prioritizing and decision-making.
- Support and aid the post-mortem, performance review and reporting processes.
- Identify ways to increase productivity and quality.
- Previous experience as Head of Production at an advertising agency or digital media company required.
- 10+ years’ experience managing video and event production projects required.
- Strong leadership and cross-functional working skills. Must work well within teams and be able to lead effectively.
- Possess an aggressive track record of successfully delivering video programming on budget.
- Expert knowledge of workflows, pipelines and project management from concept to final delivery.
- Experience in managing a team and collaborating with other departments.
- A confident, professional, and persuasive communication style with senior leaders and team members.
- A passion for creative problem-solving and strategic thinking.
- Ability to remain flexible and calm in high-pressure situations and adjust as multiple moving parts consistently change.
- Excellent organizational, communication and management skills.
- Clear and effective communication skills both in person and on paper.
- Warm demeanor and ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to read and understand complex technical documents and disseminate information to non-technical team members.
First Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
Back to top