Associate Video Editor, Blossom
First Media is a millennial focused media company and one of the top 10 publishers on Facebook, with 1.6 billion monthly views. We are seeking a hard-working, eager-to-learn Associate Video Editor for our Production Operations and Blossom (DIY) teams. This is a great opportunity to grow your editing experience at growing media startup in lifestyle verticals including cooking, DIY, home décor, baby & parenting and beauty. You’ll be part of a fast-paced, fun and creative company. This is a full-time role based out of our Los Angeles headquarters.
Day to day you will be responsible for many aspects of the creative process. This includes editing viral videos, including but not limited to the following:
- Editing short form DIY videos (1:30-3 minutes in length) on Adobe Premiere Pro using editing techniques such as masking, color correction, and pacing adjustment (typography and visual effects a plus)
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the team, support your team and give creative feedback
- Apply editing techniques in order to visually present the concept in an easy to follow manner consistent with our brand - keep in mind your audience!
- Contribute ideas and provide feedback on videos in post-production
- Adapt to last-minute changes in schedules and be flexible with planning/meeting deadlines
- 2+ years’ experience editing compelling shareable, original content, preferably short form videos (digital media and top-down a preferred).
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro (adjusting pacing, mashing, color correction required; typography and visual effects a plus)
- Have the ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced production environment
- Able to work well independently and with a team
- Problem solver and critical thinker; able to receive constructive feedback in a professional manner
- Can provide us examples of your work from your Instagram or personal portfolio/reel
First Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
Back to top