UX Product Designer
The Product Designer (UX) will work with product managers, engineers and other stakeholders to develop goals and outline needs for upcoming projects and new features for existing projects. When goals are set, the Product Designer will work with the rest of the product design team to create user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes depending on the needs of the project. The Product Designer (UX) will work closely with the editorial, design, audience engagement, and technology teams. Excellent communication skills are a must.
The Product Design team defines the visual, experience, and interaction design for all First Look Media digital products. The Product Designer (UX) focuses primarily on UX for public-facing products, internal tools, and user testing.
- Complete and present UX research that provides context to new projects and ideas
- Collaborate with team members across the company to uncover problems and test solutions
- Create wireframes and mockups that clearly communicate new features to all levels of stakeholders
- Study site analytics to gain knowledge about historical audience behavior
- Lead user testing initiatives ranging from informal to large-scale
- Develop flow diagrams to demonstrate interactive functionality and animated interface elements
- Present and defend your concepts with concrete tactical rationale
Background & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience as a product designer, preferably within a media environment
- Enthusiastic creativity; you are passionate about great ideas
- Ability to create polished design specs
- Knowledge of and experience with current web development and design trends
- Experience designing for mobile-first responsive web projects
A bold, independent spirit defines everything we do at First Look Media – from journalism that holds the powerful accountable, to arts & entertainment that shapes our culture. Launched by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media is built on the belief that freedom of expression and of the press, and fiercely independent perspectives, are vital to a healthy democracy and a vibrant culture.
From The Intercept, dedicated to fearless, adversarial journalism to Topic, our Academy Award™-winning (Spotlight) entertainment studio, we develop, produce and finance content for all screens including feature films, television, digital series and podcasts.
First Look is also home to Field of Vision, the filmmaker-driven documentary unit, and the Nib, a site for the most provocative satirical and political comics.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
Meet Some of First Look Media's Employees
Director, Scripted Programming & Content
Nicolas is always on the lookout for interesting, independent, and innovative digital content to cultivate into First Look Media’s next TV show, series, or podcast.
Back to top