Spring Intern, Film
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look operates as both a studio and digital media company. As a studio, we develop, produce and finance content for all screens and platforms including feature films, television, digital series and podcasts. As a media company, we are finding new ways to connect compelling independent creators with passionate audiences through our own properties and on media platforms of our partners.
First Look Productions (co-Producer of the Academy Award winning film SPOTLIGHT) is seeking a passionate and motivated Film Intern to join our team in New York, NY. We're looking for exceptional candidates who are excited about what's happening in Film and digital media and are eager to be apart of the future of the industry. The ideal candidate will have experience providing written coverage of screenplays, books and pulling relevant stories and reviews. S/He will support the Programming team with ongoing research, film festival tracking and identify articles for potential FLP development.
- Provide written coverage of books and screenplays.
- Provide weekly creative documents dedicated to highlighting books, articles and theater for potential adaptation.
- Track Festival films, targeting acquisitions and filmmakers to watch.
- Provide coverage of daily trades, pulling relevant stories and reviews.
- Provide administrative assistance including scheduling, submissions, and development-related needs.
- Deep dive of The Intercept, The Nib, and FOV content to identify articles and IP for potential FLP development.
Background & Qualifications:
- Fast reader with strong writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of the entertainment industry.
- Passion for scripted and unscripted television development.
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task, hungry.
- Experience using Keynote, PPT a plus.
- Ideally Junior or Senior with past internships in entertainment.
- Previous coverage experience is a plus.
Relocation services are not provided.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Informing a large, diverse audience is a core principle of our work, so we’re committed to building a team that reflects that diversity.
Back to top