Social Media Editor, Publishing Platform
The Social Media Editor of First Look Media’s as-yet-unnamed publishing platform will be responsible for working alongside the SVP of Editorial and Editor to build and amplify a prestige digital storytelling brand devoted to digital audio and visual content. Working closely with the SVP of Editorial and the Editor, the Social Media Editor will oversee the development and distribution of original and curated storytelling content on social media.
The ideal candidate will have thorough understanding of social media platforms and how to use them for promotion, audience development and the development/publishing of original audio and video content.
This position will require the Social Media Editor to develop and oversee four key components in the FLM platform’s social media strategy, including:
- Creation and distribution of original content native to various social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Vine and Twitter. Experimentation and risk-taking will be encouraged.
- Creation and social media distribution of material accompanying storytelling projects made for FLM-specific platforms (like a website or app).
- Amplification of and relationship-building with storytellers on social media who operate outside of FLM, but align with our brand.
- Social media promotion/audience development for the brand.
The Social Media Editor will report directly to the Editor.
- Development of social-media native original storytelling projects.
- Helping to establish a distinctive editorial voice and sensibility for the FLM brand on all social media platforms.
- Audience development and social media outreach.
- Relationship-building with established creators and aggressive discovery and development of creators and makers using social media.
- Curation of social media storytelling projects produced outside of FLM.
- Real-time monitoring, outreach and response to interactions between the brand, its intended audience and the larger public.
Background & Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience working in social media - ideally for an editorial, entertainment or political organization or brand.
- 4+ years experience in the digital media space.
- Relationships with technologists, experts and company representatives in the social media space
- Proven track record in using social media to build a brand and an audience organically and authentically.
First Look Media is a new-model company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look operates as both a studio and digital media company. As a studio, we develop, produce and finance content for all screens and platforms including feature films, television, digital series and podcasts. As a media company, we are finding new ways to connect compelling independent creators with passionate audiences through our own properties and on media platforms of our partners.
To apply, submit a résumé and cover letter answering the following questions: What's the most compelling and innovative story you've seen - or told - using social media platform? Why was it important?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Informing a large, diverse audience is a core principal of our work, so we’re committed to building a team that reflects that diversity.
Back to top