Senior Producer, Podcast (Temp)
First Look Media seeks a Senior Producer to join its podcast team. FLM is the creator of Missing Richard Simmons, Intercepted with Jeremy Scahill, and Politically Re-Active and will be expanding its podcast slate in the coming year. The Senior Producer will lead the production of one or two shows in FLM’s current and/or new slate.
- Pitching segments, guests, and series ideas for shows and booking guests on as needed basis.
- Driving the editorial content for weekly shows
- Editing audio for segments as needed
- Directing host performance and overall talent management
- Managing workflow and production for a small podcast staff
- Thinking creatively about sound and how it can be used to augment content
- Working closely with Executive Producer to coordinate promotion and marketing efforts for shows
- At least 6 years experience producing and/or editing for radio, podcast or multi-media news/culture outlets
- Management experience required
- Proficiency in ProTools or comparable audio editing software required
- Strong background and editorial experience in journalism
- Experience producing live events preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication
- This position is in New York, full-time, on a 6-month temp contract.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three relevant segments/clips in audio or video.
A bold, independent spirit defines everything we do at First Look Media – from journalism that holds the powerful accountable, to arts & entertainment that shapes our culture. Launched by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media is built on the belief that freedom of expression and of the press, and fiercely independent perspectives, are vital to a healthy democracy and a vibrant culture.
From The Intercept, dedicated to fearless, adversarial journalism to Topic, our Academy Award™-winning (Spotlight) entertainment studio, we develop, produce and finance content for all screens including feature films, television, digital series and podcasts.
First Look is also home to Field of Vision, the filmmaker-driven documentary unit, and the Nib, a site for the most provocative satirical and political comics.
We are an equal opportunity employer: People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
Meet Some of First Look Media's Employees
Lead Product Designer
Allegra is the ultimate mover and shaker, helping teams across the company prioritize projects and ensuring that attention is paid to the all the right details at all the right moments.
Back to top