- New York, NY
The QA Analyst will be responsible for the direct operational test coverage administration of their projects. The QA Analyst should be well versed with OTT Video products and platforms and their constraints. The ideal candidate will oversee test planning, organization, coverage, execution, and communication. The ideal candidate will initially focus on native OTT applications on platforms like AppleTV, Roku and mobile platforms but also will include websites like topic.com and theintercept.com.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and able to turn big picture goals into comprehensive test plans. The candidate should be able to communicate issues clearly with both internal stakeholders as well as 3rd parties. The QA Analyst will work closely with the Product and Engineering teams. The QA Analyst will report to Topic’s VP of Product and User Experience.
- Develop, implement and assign master test plans
- Primary ownership, administration and communication of all QA related project data and associated risks for all assigned projects.
- For manual tests the QA lead will develop run books or checklists to catalog and document the tests.
- Continually look for ways to improve QA processes and tools.
- Keep up to date on industry standards and best practices.
- Be knowledgeable of various OTT platforms limitations and shortcomings.
- Keep a running list of supported platforms and devices.
Background & Qualifications:
- 3 + years of experience within quality assurance discipline
- Experience collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams on iterative projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong eye for detail / process orientated
- Previous experiences with testing on native OTT applications on platforms like AppleTV, Roku and mobile platforms.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Field of Vision, and the recently launched Topic SVOD service, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
Back to top