The First Look Media Publicist will assist the Chief Communications Officer in building out the communications function for the company and in performing multiple duties related to promoting First Look Media’s corporate brand as a new-model media company. This role will also help support the press efforts of the individual FLM units as needed (including: Topic Studios. Topic, and Field of Vision).
- Help in the planning and execution of a comprehensive communications strategy for First Look Media priorities including: publicizing programming, content and films, talent & executive announcements and supporting media business outreach.
- Proactively draft and pitch stories (trade & consumer).
- Write press releases, talking points, bios, Q&A, and blog posts, as needed to support key company initiatives.
- Manage internal company-wide communications.
- Secure and monitor press coverage across television, radio, print and digital outlets. Develop and distribute coverage reports.
- Work closely with First Look marketing and social media teams to collaborate on amplifying programming priorities, studio, film and talent announcements.
- Help build out the communications function for the company, building curated press lists and establish processes in a fast-paced, growing start-up culture.
- Coordinate with communications, editorial and events teams on creating and executing special events, premieres, promotions, conventions, trade shows, speaking engagements, photo shoots and press junkets.
- Help with facilitating press interviews and escorting talent for PR appearances, photo shoots etc.
- Help update and maintain First Look Media website with current projects and priorities.
Background & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of film, television or entertainment communications experience.
- Knowledge of Cision a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Established relationships with reporters, producers, and bookers across the media spectrum.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to juggle many personalities.
- The ability to work quickly and effectively, often managing several projects under deadline.
- Must be detail-oriented and willing to do all levels of work, from strategy to execution.
- Able to provide published writing samples.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, and Field of Vision, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
Back to top