Post Production Assistant
Topic is looking for a post-production assistant with stellar media management and troubleshooting skills needed for Feature Documentary Film by Emmy-nominated filmmakers for Oscar-winning NYC Studio. This is a 14-week temporary position.
- Transcoding primary 4K footage
- Converting YouTube archival to 24fps and ingesting into Avid
- Watching down and marking archival footage
- Organizing and ingesting massive number of audio files from organized database into Avid
- Transcribing interviews
Background & Qualifications:
- Previous post production intern experience
- Technically inclined with working knowledge of Avid and all affiliated software
- Knowledge of various audio and video file types, compressions, aspect ratios
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task, attention to detail
- Interest in operations, creating systems and process
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in video workflow
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction
- Demonstrated proactive support skills
- Experience working with third party production companies a plus
Start Date: May 28, 2018
End Date: August 31, 2018
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand and entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award®-winning films (Spotlight) to television, audio and digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction and nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach – challenging, compelling and unconventional – reflects our commitment to discovering and amplifying independent new voices, and supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, The Nib and Field of Vision, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
Meet Some of First Look Media's Employees
Director, Scripted Programming & Content
Nicolas is always on the lookout for interesting, independent, and innovative digital content to cultivate into First Look Media’s next TV show, series, or podcast.
Back to top