Freelance Senior Art Director, FLM Creative Studio
Become a Senior Art Director at First Look Media’s Creative Studio, working at the intersection of design, technology and storytelling. Come join a new team that’s experimenting at the forefront of the media landscape.
What we’re building
We’re building a creative studio at the heart of a mission driven new media company that’s dedicated to independent storytellers and creating smart provocative entertainment. Our studio will create branding and marketing content and materials to support a slate of multi-format content from web series and TV shows to podcasts and documentary films. The studio is small and lean and will work with internal and external best of breed creatives (illustrators, designers, animators, writers) from around the industry to make eye catching concept driven campaigns to bring our content to market. The Studio team will work collaboratively with our content, marketing and business teams to make an impact in the marketplace.
What we’re looking for
A Senior Art Director with an original take on things, an eye for great design, and an unquenchable thirst for what’s happening in culture. You have a passion for design and a strong sense of your own aesthetic, but you’re a chameleon who can solve visual problems about what’s best for the project. You’re also a proven leader and team player, comfortable collaborating, but not afraid to express your opinions. If you think you’re up for it, read on.
What you’ll bring to the table
We’re looking for Senior Art Director who is both tremendously qualified and awesome to work with, which includes:
- A flexible, open minded, easy going personality - a driven and motivated individual (sense of humor a plus!), able to work under pressure, both in the trenches and at a high concept level.
- A four-year degree, formal design training, plus five to seven years of art direction and strong print and digital design experience, preferably in a creative agency or media company.
- Great chops. Exceptional conceptual and design skills and a robust portfolio that shows your talent in both print and web.
- A background working either at a media company or an agency with clients connected to pop culture, fashion, entertainment and/or leading edge design.
- Strong experience working on large cross-channel and/or direct-marketing initiatives across media, both online and off, and a knowledge of and/or experience with today’s web development design and technology trends.
- An expert understanding of the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) – plus (ideally) an understanding of Flash, video production and motion graphics.
- Experience creating compelling key art including working on photo shoots, and with illustrators and graphic designers. Front line experience working on set with photographers and name talent a plus.
- A knack for strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
- Additional superpowers, knowledge, side hustles and arcane interests that contribute to and satisfy your creative persona are welcome.
- Experience working on or with product teams working on responsive web design, digital products and/or mobile apps a plus.
First Look Media is a new-model company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look operates as both a studio and digital media company. As a studio, we develop, produce and finance content for all screens and platforms including feature films, television, digital series and podcasts. As a media company, we are finding new ways to connect compelling independent creators with passionate audiences through our own properties and on media platforms of our partners.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Informing a large, diverse audience is a core principal of our work, so we’re committed to building a team that reflects that diversity.
Back to top