Fall Intern, TV, Digital & Podcast Programming
Topic (co-producer of the Academy Award winning film SPOTLIGHT) is seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious TV, Digital & Podcast Programming Intern to join our team in New York, NY. We're looking for exceptional candidates who are excited about what's happening in TV and digital media and are eager to be a part of the future of the industry. The ideal candidate will have experience providing written coverage of scripts, books and pulling relevant stories and reviews. This is a unique opportunity for an individual to collaborate with a highly acclaimed production team.
- Provide written coverage of scripted television pilots, treatments and one-sheets.
- Provide written coverage of non-fiction sizzles, treatments and one-sheets.
- Provide weekly creative documents dedicated to highlighting books, articles and on-goings in the industry.
- Assist our podcast executive with research, taping and editing of our various podcasts in production.
- Provide coverage of local comedy and theatre shows in NYC.
- Occasional administrative assistance towards scheduling, submissions log and development-related needs.
- Deep dive of Intercept and Field of Vision content to identify articles and IP for potential First Look Productions development.
Background & Qualifications:
- Fast reader with strong writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of the entertainment industry.
- Passion for scripted and unscripted television development.
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task, hungry.
- Experience using Keynote, PPT a plus.
- Ideally Junior or Senior with past internships in entertainment.
- Previous coverage experience is a plus.
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand and entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award®-winning films (Spotlight) to television, audio and digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction and nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach – challenging, compelling and unconventional – reflects our commitment to discovering and amplifying independent new voices, and supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, The Nib and Field of Vision, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
- Pay is $11/hour and we are looking for 2-3 days a week.
Relocation services are not provided.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Informing a large, diverse audience is a core principle of our work, so we’re committed to building a team that reflects that diversity.
Meet Some of First Look Media's Employees
Lead Product Designer
Allegra is the ultimate mover and shaker, helping teams across the company prioritize projects and ensuring that attention is paid to the all the right details at all the right moments.
Back to top