We’re looking for an experienced Controller who will ensure the prompt recording and accuracy of all financial transactions. The Controller is responsible for all day-to-day operations of the Accounting department and will report directly to the Deputy CFO.
What we are building:
First Look Media is building an ambitious new entertainment studio and consumer business dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture.
What you will bring to the table:
You have proven experience in the media industry and understand that everything is up for reconsideration in a technology and data driven new world. Your well-rounded skills include a mastery of GAAP, CPA certification and entertainment & media experience.
Background & Qualifications:
- B.S. in Accounting and CPA required
- Minimum of 7-10 years progressive accounting experience in media and entertainment (film and TV, Digital, Production)
- Minimum 7 years experience in managerial role
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and reporting requirements
- Exposure to international operations would be a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of ASC 926 Entertainment—Films, ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers and ASC 920.
- Strong understanding of “Film Ultimates” as they relate to ACS 926
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains a plus
- Experience with consolidations and integrations of acquired businesses
- Experience with international transactions and foreign exchange
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
- Pride in accuracy and attention to detail.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
A bold, independent spirit defines everything we do at First Look Media – from journalism that holds the powerful accountable, to arts & entertainment that shapes our culture. Launched by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media is built on the belief that freedom of expression and of the press, and fiercely independent perspectives, are vital to a healthy democracy and a vibrant culture.
From The Intercept, dedicated to fearless, adversarial journalism to Topic, our Academy Award™-winning (Spotlight) entertainment studio, we develop, produce and finance content for all screens including feature films, television, digital series and podcasts. First Look is also home to Field of Vision, the filmmaker-driven documentary unit, and the Nib, a site for the most provocative satirical and political comics.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
Meet Some of First Look Media's Employees
Director, Scripted Programming & Content
Nicolas is always on the lookout for interesting, independent, and innovative digital content to cultivate into First Look Media’s next TV show, series, or podcast.
Back to top