Associate Producer, Intercepted
First Look Media seeks a part-time Associate Producer to join its podcast team. FLM is the creator of Missing Richard Simmons, Intercepted with Jeremy Scahill, and Politically Re-Active and will be expanding its podcast slate in the coming year. The Associate Producer will assist in the weekly production of Intercepted.
- Pitching and booking guests and segments
- Managing studio logistics and engineering interviews
- Producing segments from start to finish: booking, prepping, recording, and cutting tape
- Editing interviews using strong editorial judgement, with minimal supervision
- Writing scripts, promos, and web copy as needed
- Thinking creatively about sound, utilizing clips and other elements effectively
- At least 3 years experience producing for radio, podcast or multi-media news/culture outlets
- High proficiency in ProTools required; proven experience with editing and basic mixing
- Strong background or interest in news journalism
- Experience editing two-ways preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication
This position is in New York, part-time (20-25 hours per week), for a 4-month contract starting in September, with option to renew.
- Identify two episodes or segments of Intercepted you thought worked well and tell us why.
- Pick an episode/segment you thought didn’t work as well and tell us why.
- Pitch three ideas for guests or segments on the show.
A bold, independent spirit defines everything we do at First Look Media – from journalism that holds the powerful accountable, to arts & entertainment that shapes our culture. Launched by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media is built on the belief that freedom of expression and of the press, and fiercely independent perspectives, are vital to a healthy democracy and a vibrant culture.
From The Intercept, dedicated to fearless, adversarial journalism to Topic, our Academy Award™-winning (Spotlight) entertainment studio, we develop, produce and finance content for all screens including feature films, television, digital series and podcasts.
First Look is also home to Field of Vision, the filmmaker-driven documentary unit, and the Nib, a site for the most provocative satirical and political comics.
We are an equal opportunity employer: People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
Meet Some of First Look Media's Employees
Director, Scripted Programming & Content
Nicolas is always on the lookout for interesting, independent, and innovative digital content to cultivate into First Look Media’s next TV show, series, or podcast.
Back to top