Associate Director, Events
First Look Media is looking for a creative, highly organized and nimble Associate Director of Events. The person in this role will help conceive and be responsible for all facets of the production of small- and large-scale events in New York City and across the country. These events may be self-produced or occasionally with partners; at established conferences, on college campuses and other venues. The goal is to drive brand awareness for The Intercept or Topic, engage existing members/audiences and attract new ones.
The Associate Director of Events will work closely with the communications, editorial and marketing teams on event development. The position reports into the Chief Communications Officer at First Look Media.
- Develop event strategy, including conceiving event ideas, planning logistics and programming
- Identify opportunities for potential partners
- Secure and serve as point of contact for vendors
- Review contracts, coordinate with business and legal teams
- Plan and manage event budgets
- Produce events and capture for promotion; create and maintain timelines, run of shows and specialized floor plans
- Work with Communications, Marketing & Social teams to promote audience engagement and publicity/promotion.
- Collaborate effectively as strategic partner to cross-functional teams related to all aspects of events
- Direct any supporting staff at events
- Work with specified design/creative teams on all collateral and assets
- Work with membership team to develop strategies for growth, produce membership-related events and activities
- Work with Communications and editorial team to secure and manage talent
Background & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of work experience with at least 5+ years of leading strategy and executing events, preferably for a media or advocacy organization
- Extensive experience producing small and large-scale events as well as working as an effective partner to other organizations
- Deep knowledge and experience in event production
- Strong customer service skills
- Comfortable with pressures of a fast-paced, unpredictable environment and start-up culture
- Must be very well versed in Microsoft – Word, Excel, Power Point, as well as Google
A bold, independent spirit defines everything we do at First Look Media – from journalism that holds the powerful accountable, to arts & entertainment that shapes our culture. Launched by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media is built on the belief that freedom of expression and of the press, and fiercely independent perspectives, are vital to a healthy democracy and a vibrant culture.
From The Intercept, dedicated to fearless, adversarial journalism to Topic, our Academy Award™-winning (Spotlight) entertainment studio, we develop, produce and finance content for all screens including feature films, television, digital series and podcasts. First Look is also home to Field of Vision, the filmmaker-driven documentary unit, and the Nib, a site for the most provocative satirical and political comics.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Informing a large, diverse audience is a core principle of our work, so we’re committed to building a team that reflects that diversity.
Meet Some of First Look Media's Employees
Director, Scripted Programming & Content
Nicolas is always on the lookout for interesting, independent, and innovative digital content to cultivate into First Look Media’s next TV show, series, or podcast.
Back to top