SBA Portfolio Servicing Specialist
- St. Petersburg, FL
First Home Bank is a full-service community bank as well as a national SBA and Residential Mortgage Lender dedicated to providing a wide range of high quality banking services delivered in a personalized, friendly manner. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, we are a true community bank with the goal of becoming a one-stop shop and trusted financial resource for the communities that we serve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and generous benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace
The SBA Portfolio Servicing Specialist is responsible for the management of a portfolio of SBA small loans including government guaranteed. This position is expected to build a trusted, competent, and positive working relationship with each client in their portfolio.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process all necessary SBA loan servicing requests, ensuring that they meet all the required SOP loan servicing requirements. Prepare all loan servicing requests for all SBA small loans, to be approved by their manager
- Serves as liaison with borrower to gather required financials/documents needed to complete annual reviews and maintain loan file for SBA compliance. Assist with other file maintenance exceptions, including direct communication with client.
- Responsible for monitoring existing SBA loan portfolio to ensure it is performing adequately. Serves as first line of defense for loans that are exhibiting deteriorating credit quality. Refer deteriorating loans to special assets as appropriate.
- Document all communications with borrowers and services action requests in the borrower's loan folder or system of record.
- Prepares deferment requests to be approved by their manager. Document them in the borrowers' loan folder. Contact Colson and/or SBA when required for service action.
- Ensure compliance with Bank Credit Policy and Small Business Administration Standard Operating Procedures.
- When in contact with customer responsible for verifying customer profile and make sure loan file and customer information is up to update.
- Responsible for preparing bank memo per procedures and if applicable supporting loan documentation to complete the servicing action request for customers.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in credit analysis/portfolio management in a commercial lending environment
- Working knowledge of SBA regulations, eligibility requirements and loan servicing process
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exercises independent judgment on client relationship credit analysis and takes appropriate resulting action
- Thorough understanding of banking services
- Understanding of the Small Business underwriting process
- Basic analytical and financial analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent quality customer service skills and the ability to establish relationships in a manner that enhances the overall marketing efforts of the Bank
- Self-motivated individual with a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently and with others on a team
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong persuasive and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume work environment
- Ability to adapt to change and drive change when necessary
First Home Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diverse, talented, qualified applicants to apply.
Back to top