SBA Credit Analyst
- St. Petersburg, FL
First Home Bank is a full-service community bank as well as a national SBA and Residential Mortgage Lender dedicated to providing a wide range of high quality banking services delivered in a personalized, friendly manner. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, we are a true community bank with the goal of becoming a one-stop shop and trusted financial resource for the communities that we serve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and generous benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
This position is responsible for reviewing credit data to evaluate commercial loan requests in order to recommend approval or deny applications.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze sources of financial information, such as reporting services, credit bureaus, other companies, to determine the profitability of loan.
- Learn and understand all SBA requirements for SBA eligibility by SOP 50 10 5
- Spread business financial data and personal financial data for analysis and ensure that all debt on the debt schedule and debt on the balance sheets are accounted for.
- Analyze UCC lien search to ensure correct lien position of the bank and terminate any UCC's of lenders who debt will be refinanced by the FHB's loan proceeds.
- Prepare credit memo, financial spreads and loan presentation for requested loan so that a credit decision may be addressed by the Officer's Loan Committee and Director's Loan Committee as required.
- Request any waivers from appropriate authority for credit approval and document any waivers in credit memo.
- Prepare commitment letter in compliance with the approved loan presentation for communication with the borrower.
- Ensure all bank policies and practices are followed and adhered to in the performance of underwriting duties to include the Bank Secrecy Act and the Fair Credit Reporting policies.
Qualification include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Accounting or Financial Management required
- Must have a minimum of 4 years as a credit analyst with a bank or similar environment
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment where changes to procedures are common
- Ability to communicate in a respectful and assertive manner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to input and interpret data
- Ability to meet deadlines
First Home Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diverse, talented, qualified applicants to apply.
Back to top