SBA Closing Specialist
- St. Petersburg, FL
First Home Bank is a full-service community bank as well as a national SBA and Residential Mortgage Lender dedicated to providing a wide range of high-quality banking services delivered in a personalized, friendly manner. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, we are a true community bank with the goal of becoming a one-stop shop and trusted financial resource for the communities that we serve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and generous benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
The SBA Core Closing Specialist will perform a variety of processing and closing functions, ensuring all due diligence of each loan has been met in accordance with the SBA Authorization, and in compliance with the bank's internal loan approval and policies. They work directly with borrowers, brokers, counsel, underwriters, and loan officers to secure closing in a timely and accurate manner. They maintain ownership over the closing process and are responsible for managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced and high-production environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review loan approval and bank file and engages bank counsel; works directly with attorney to ensure necessary loan documents are prepared, and all legal recommendations satisfied
- Generates closing checklist and coordinates initial kickoff call with borrower, lender, and attorney
- Ordering third party reports as necessary, including the appraisal and environmental reports, UCC Searches, and Corporate entity searches
- Works closely with each party internal and external to ensure smooth closing process; responsible for timely communication with borrower of missing items needed to complete loan closing
- Updates and manages pipeline report on a weekly basis to keep management informed of progress to loan closing; contributes to weekly and monthly meetings discussing status of loans and other closing updates
- Coordinate with underwriter during the closing process regarding necessary loan modifications
- Ensures the accuracy of the loan file, including all packaging documents, a satisfaction of credit conditions, and compliance with SBA lending requirements
- Collects all pre-closing requirements at least three (3) business days before proposed closing date
- Internal / External Customer Service: Resolves any problems, issues or questions, both verbally and in writing, to ensure customer satisfaction and to maintain productive relationships with other bank staff / departments
- Adheres to policy & procedure of SBA Department and must comply with BSA/AML/OFAC regulations and guidelines
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- 3+ years' experience in commercial loan documentation
- Working knowledge of SBA SOP closing requirements
- Problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to maintain composure with difficult or irate customers
- Promote a positive work environment.
- Must be detailed-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where changes to procedures are common
- Excellent verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate in a respectful and assertive manner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while speaking with customers
- Proven decision-making ability
- Proficient in MS Windows/Outlook
- Ability to input and interpret data
- Ability to work flexible schedules as customers are located in all U.S. Time Zones, include Hawaii
First Home Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diverse, talented, qualified applicants to apply.
Back to top