Residential QC Underwriter
- Clearwater, FL
First Home Bank is a full-service community bank as well as a national SBA and Residential Mortgage Lender dedicated to providing a wide range of high quality banking services delivered in a personalized, friendly manner. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, we are a true community bank with the goal of becoming a one-stop shop and trusted financial resource for the communities that we serve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and generous benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsibilities include both Pre-Funding and Post-Closing QC review. The QC Underwriter will capture loan data as specified in the Quality Control system and comment on deficiencies and grade loan accordingly. Knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, USDA and VA required. Knowledge of lending compliance a must.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Credit review on loan files pursuant to AUS findings or manual loan approvals
- Analysis of property appraisal to determine if value is supported and property meets all eligibility requirements including Condominium, PUD's, and 2-4 Unit properties
- Analyze income, liabilities, assets and red flags behind an underwriter and document errors that are material to the lending decision
- Make determination that loan elements are acceptable to appropriate investor guidelines
- Enter loan data into Quality Control software system
- Check loan file for all required disclosures
- Comment on loan inaccuracies & missing items for the completion of QC management report
- Assign a loan rating pursuant to the severity and type of loan findings with an emphasis on overall investor risk
- Perform a monthly review of a minimum of 10% of the loans reviewed by the vendor to validate the accuracy and completeness of the vendor's work
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 5 years' of experience with mortgage lending
- Ability to analyze and audit federal and state compliance regulations including: TRID, Fair Lending, and state specific disclosures
- Knowledge of the following lending programs: FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, non-confirming jumbo, HELOCs, and ARMs
- Experience with Encompass or other LOS paperless system
- Familiar with research systems such as AllRegs, Investor websites, and MERS
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work accurately within deadlines and prioritize workload
- Desire to be a team player with the ability to work between departments to coordinate information and exchange and unify solutions
- Experience using Microsoft office applications
- Must be reliable and professional
First Home Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diverse, talented, qualified applicants to apply.
Back to top