Residential Loan Processor
First Home Bank is a full-service community bank as well as a national SBA and Residential Mortgage Lender dedicated to providing a wide range of high-quality banking services delivered in a personalized, friendly manner. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, we are a true community bank with the goal of becoming a one-stop shop and trusted financial resource for the communities that we serve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and generous benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
Verifies, compiles, and types application information for mortgage loans: Reviews residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets establishment standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment. Process and prepare loan origination and renewal documents for commercial, consumer and residential mortgage loan products in the software systems in compliance with bank policy and regulatory guidelines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works with loan officers, borrowers, and third-party providers to obtain documentation (i.e. title, insurance, payoffs, etc.) and submit a thorough, accurate, and complete loan package to Underwriting.
- Maintains control of the loan files in your pipeline, monitors dates for approval, appraisals, and closing, and ensures that all deadlines are met in a timely and efficient manner. Monitor key dates (lock expirations, contingency dates, credit doc expiration, ECOA, etc.). Complete data entry updates on loan files as needed during the course of processing the loan.
- Provides friendly, accurate, professional service to customers and employees through timely response to messages and correspondence. Provide daily review and follow-up with customers and vendors regarding outstanding items.
- Maintain open lines of communication with Loan Officer’s; coordinate pipeline management, communicate status updates, maintain and update loan notes within individual files.
- Recognizes and resolves challenges early in the process and provides excellent customer service. Escalate any files to Supervisor if unable to achieve a timeline or resolve an error. Identify and escalate any potential fraud files to Supervisor.
- Recommends that loan that do not meet standards be denied.
- Calls or writes credit bureau and employer to verify accuracy of information.
- Coordinates scheduling of loan closings with Closing Department, customer and closing agent.
- Delivers a complete loan file to the Closing Department within established company deadlines.
- Records data on status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, canceled or denied, using computer software program.
- Attend and complete regular compliance training and system update training as necessary
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- BA preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of residential mortgage processing experience in high volume mortgage setting
- Knowledge of mortgage lending policies and guidelines (FNMA,FHLMC, FHA,VA,USDA)
- Experience with AUS (DU, LP, GUS) and government websites (FHA, VA, USDA)
- Ability to Review & Analyze Tax Returns/Income Documentation (i.e. Self Employed, Rental Calculations per Industry Requirements)
- Working knowledge of various fraud tools
- Previous experience with Encompass *preferred not required
- Proficient computer skills
- Proven analytic and critical thinking skills
- Excellent relationship and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Standard office environment unless otherwise stated
First Home Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diverse, talented, qualified applicants to apply.
Back to top