Residential LO Assistant
- Cranston, RI
Responsible for developing new mortgage business, maintaining a current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, and providing the documentation required within the operations department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist loan officer with initial borrower communication and collection of initial documentation.
- Set up new customer files in Loan Origination System (LOS) for initial disclosure and assist with pulling of credit, running AUS, and submitting files
- Assist loan officer in monitoring and managing loan pipeline to ensure timely closings.
- Communicate updates/status of loan via phone or email to all necessary parties including the Loan Officer, Borrower, Realtors, Seller, Title, etc.
- Provide assistance in general administrative and clerical duties as needed.
- This position may require you to act as a MLO Mortgage Loan Originator which is defined as an individual who takes loan applications, and /or offers or negotiates the terms of a loan for compensation or gain. All Mortgage Loan Originators (\"MLO\") are required to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (\"NMLS\"), obtain a unique identifier, and annually renew the registration, as defined by the S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
- Maintain a current knowledge of mortgage lending laws and regulations and adheres to all state and federal laws and regulations.
Cooperates with & participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures & practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness.
- Respond to inquiries from customers, management and co-workers within a reasonable time period.
- Represent First Home Bank in a positive professional manner by keeping all members of each deal informed, good or bad, and taking the extra initiative to meet the clients' needs.
Back to top