Residential Closing Disclosure Specialist
- Clearwater, FL
First Home Bank is a full-service community bank as well as a national SBA and Residential Mortgage Lender dedicated to providing a wide range of high-quality banking services delivered in a personalized, friendly manner. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, we are a true community bank with the goal of becoming a one-stop shop and trusted financial resource for the communities that we serve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and generous benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
The Residential Closing Disclosure Specialist prepares Closing Disclosure loan documents in compliance with the TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure rule and all applicable federal and state regulations. The Residential Closing Disclosure Specialist will ensure that Closing Disclosures are accurate and adhere with the terms of loan approval.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare initial Closing Disclosures in accordance with prescribed time-frames and procedures
- Ensures Closing Disclosure is complete, is appropriate for the type of loan, and accurately tracked in loan origination system
- Verify loan fees for accuracy to ensure compliance with the TRID Rule
- Review accuracy of information in the loan origination system
- Responsible for timelines and preparation of re-disclosed Closing Disclosures due to valid change of circumstance, and issuing any additional loan documents related to the COC
- Research discrepancies on files during the disclosing process and, working with management and branch contributors, determine appropriate solution
- Monitor pipelines and reports to ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner and within compliance
- Meet daily performance metrics as defined by management
- Maintain prompt and professional communication with internal and external partners
- Cross-train in other functions as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Detailed knowledge of the TRID Rule
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Knowledge of lending guidelines, loan programs and industry requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and quality focused
- Ability to work independently while collaborating with others
- Ellie Mae Encompass experience preferred
- 2 years of experience working as a mortgage disclosure specialist or similar role
- Proficient in MS Windows/Outlook and preferably Encompass LOS
First Home Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diverse, talented, qualified applicants to apply.
Back to top