Remote - Senior Residential Underwriter
First Home Bank is a full-service community bank as well as a national SBA and Residential Mortgage Lender dedicated to providing a wide range of high-quality banking services delivered in a personalized, friendly manner. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, we are a true community bank with the goal of becoming a one-stop shop and trusted financial resource for the communities that we serve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and generous benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
The Senior Residential Underwriter is responsible for reviewing all loan applications for compliance with underwriting, investor, government, FNMA and FHLMC guidelines. This position performs analysis of loan application files income, assets, collateral, and creditworthiness based on program and product specifications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage new loan and resubmission assigned queues
- Underwrite to investor guidelines as well as FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA as applicable
- Verbal and written communication to our sales partners
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- AA degree or some advanced education preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in the mortgage industry with direct experience underwriting residential mortgage loans.
- Must possess strong Manual and AUS underwriting skills.
- Ability to underwrite files according to FNMA/FHLMC standards.
- Knowledge of mortgage insurance (MI) guidelines.
- Previous experience with Encompass preferred, not required.
- Appraisal review experience with knowledge of USPAP and agency guidelines.
- Must be able to review and calculate income from complex tax returns.
- FHA DE (CHUMS), VA/LAPP & SAR - preferred not required
- Excellent analytical, attention to detail and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Highly motivated and takes initiative.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
First Home Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diverse, talented, qualified applicants to apply.
Back to top