Mortgage Banker/Loan Officer - Consumer Direct
- Tampa, FL
First Home Bank is a full-service community bank as well as a national SBA and Residential Mortgage Lender dedicated to providing a wide range of high quality banking services delivered in a personalized, friendly manner. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, we are a true community bank with the goal of becoming a one-stop shop and trusted financial resource for the communities that we serve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and generous benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
Ensure compliant, lawful, sound and profitable production of Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) (non-retail) mortgage loans. Provide excellent customer service and demonstrate expected behaviors. Meet established goals for contacting customers, obtaining necessary documents, following all required processes, procedures and regulations, and closing loans to insure no leakage and no buybacks.
- Present advantages and disadvantages of various mortgage products to customers and help determine the best product to meet the customers needs
- Ensure the number of loans originated and closed is at or above the established goal
- Partner with processors to ensure positive and proactive coordination between sales and operations for customer satisfaction
- Ensure all loans meet audit, operations, compliance, regulatory and vendor guidelines to prevent leakage or buybacks
- Meet or exceed customer service standards throughout the loan process.
- Demonstrate integrity in all transactions
- Attend all sales trainings and meetings as required
- Previous experience in mortgage origination or banking preferred
- College degree preferred
- Call center experience preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to understand mortgage and banking regulations pertaining to mortgage sales and service
- High ethical standards and transparent integrity
- Demonstrates the behaviors in the First Home Bank Values
- Ability to inspire confidence and trust in customers and team members
- Fosters collaboration and teamwork between sales and operations
- Ability to establish and achieve goals and objectives to meet business requirements
- Organizational and time management skills
- Seeks opportunities for improvements
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrates active listening skills
- Treats people with respect
- Follows through on commitments
Call center office environment. Flexibility in work schedule required.
First Home Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diverse, talented, qualified applicants to apply.
Back to top