Deposit Operations Specialist
- Seminole, FL
First Home Bank is a full-service community bank as well as a national SBA and Residential Mortgage Lender dedicated to providing a wide range of high quality banking services delivered in a personalized, friendly manner. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, we are a true community bank with the goal of becoming a one-stop shop and trusted financial resource for the communities that we serve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and generous benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
The Deposit Operations Specialist is responsible for providing deposit servicing and reporting functions for deposit services and accounts, serving as main customer service liaison for online customers. Ability to perform work in accordance with established policies, procedures and Service Level Agreements (SLA) with complimentary departments. Provides guidance to other team members to ensure daily deadlines and service levels are met. This position is located at our Seminole Office.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides exceptional customer service for all deposit services
- Reconciles exception processing items including but not limited to:
- Un-posted transactions
- Stop Payments
- Insufficient funds transactions
- Return deposited items
- Balancing of suspense accounts
- Processes Overdraft Privilege tasks including but not limited to:
- Processing daily file
- Verify and manage customer communications
- Process revoked limits
- Process charge-offs
- Serves as primary wire transfer processor
- Performs daily large dollar reviews
- Reviews and verifies daily reports including but not limited to:
- Excessive transactions (Reg D)
- Debit Card Fraud
- Online banking master file maintenance
- ACH originator exception items
- Prepares Monthly Reporting including but not limited to:
- Interest on trust accounts (IOTA)
- Backup Withholding
- Provides branch support regarding deposit services including online banking, bill payment and ATM/Debit Card services.
- Supports Internet Banking services including, but not limited to new customer setup, ACH origination files, wire transfer files, stop payment requests, item correction requests, statement reprint requests, online interface reject items.
- Corresponds to e-mail inquiries, comments and concerns
- Assists customers with all deposit service activities
- Performs critical backup tasks for Deposit Services and Operations Manager
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with co-workers
- Provides exceptional customer service
- Maintains composure while handling a variety of duties, deadlines and customer needs
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- High School Diploma or equivalent ( G.E.D.)
- Computer literacy
- 3-5 years prior banking experience
- Jack Henry SilverLake Experience preferred
- Must be able to effectively and tactfully communicate with the public, both orally and in writing.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with co-workers.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to learn.
First Home Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diverse, talented, qualified applicants to apply.
Back to top