Senior Splunk Monitoring Engineer.
The bank is currently seeking a Senior Splunk Monitoring Engineer. This person will be a member for the bank's Enterprise Monitoring Team. This role will provide guidance and day to day support of the bank's systems with Splunk enterprise tools. This individual would be versed in working with IT support teams and customers on implementing enterprise monitoring solutions. The position will also work with the Enterprise Monitoring team to help mature the bank's enterprise monitoring capabilities. Lastly, this individual will work with the operations center and support teams on implementing dashboards depicting overall health of the IT environment.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6 years work experience as a systems engineer in an enterprise data center environment with at least 2 years working as an enterprise monitoring engineer.
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 10 years work experience as a systems engineer in an enterprise data center environment with at least 2 years working as an enterprise monitoring engineer.
• Experience in the support and administration of the Splunk products for both Network and Server/Application monitoring.
• Experience in supporting, implementing, and decommissioning enterprise monitoring tools.
• Good understanding of monitoring tools, components and best practices for network/application monitoring.
• Good understanding of the underlying technologies that are being monitoring including network devices, Windows, Linux/UNIX.
• A good understanding of Microsoft SQL and PowerShell.
• Excellent communication skills - must be able to communicate effectively with both IT support teams and IT management.
• Experience in influencing change and maturing an organization in enterprise monitoring.
• Basic project planning and management skills.
• Ability to be on call 24 x 7 x 365 (rotating duty).
• Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin Certification.
• Experience in scripting in Powershell and/or other languages.
• Experience in APM tools is a plus
• Bachelor degree or higher in computer science.
• Banking or financial services industry experience.
Back to top