Senior PeopleSoft Financial Analyst Business Systems
The Senior Business Financial Systems Analyst will act as a SME for PeopleSoft Financials GL, AM and AP modules in the accounting department. This techno-functional position is responsible for:
• identifying and resolving application level issues
• creating reports within PeopleSoft tools such as PSQuery, nVision and BIPublisher for financial, cost and statistical data analysis
• serving as a business liaison between users, programming staff, and management
• collaborating with Business and/or Business Analysts to understand and document business requirements for systems enhancements
• performing systems integration testing, and coordination of user acceptance testing for minor initiatives and large projects
• general business support and response to procedural questions
• serving as business liaison for large business transformation activities.
• representing Accounting on mergers/acquisitions/divestitures and other projects as directed by management
• completing accounting processes for financial close, allocations, budget load, and batch processing in compliance with appropriate controls (internal controls and SOX compliance)
• understanding product features and driving the teams to adopt best practices
• assisting with image update cycles and new feature evaluation
• mentoring and guidance of other staff members within the team
Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 6 years financial systems/accounting experience.
Associate Degree with a minimum of 8 years financial systems/accounting experience.
High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 10 years financial systems/accounting experience
• Proven leadership capabilities
• Understanding of accounting practices.
• Ability to support financial system software with an emphasis on user logic, configurations, testing or equivalent skills from an overall experience - crossing multiple modules and understanding the overall impacts.
• Knowledge and expertise in the use of Microsoft Office software packages, including Excel and Word to support existing reporting systems and analysis.
• Possess strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities over multi-user teams while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of associates within the Bank in a diplomatic and professional manner.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and accuracy-focused
• Ability to independently troubleshoot issues or recommend solutions
• Ability and willingness to take initiative and drive towards quality solutions with minimal supervision
Other Preferred Qualifications:
• 5+ PeopleSoft Experience strongly preferred, with experience in configuration, report creation, business processes,
• Experience in Banking a plus
• Experience with PeopleSoft Testing Framework, PeopleSoft FSCM 9.2, PeopleTools 8.56 or higher a plus
• Strong skills using SQL to review data and assist in problem-solving
• Strong functional knowledge of PeopleSoft Asset Management, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger modules
• General knowledge of PeopleSoft Images, patches, and Change Assistant methodology
Back to top