Senior Mainframe Programmer Analyst
- Raleigh, NC
As a Senior Programmer Analyst, you will be a member of the bank Application Development & Support team. This role will support the bank's Core Banking Systems. This position will participate in the appropriate phases of software development life cycle methodology in order to develop new software, maintain existing software, evaluate selection of purchased software, enhance existing software and procedures to improve processing capabilities as required by user needs, regulatory demands, or market conditions.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with project managers, peers, business analysts, and end users to accomplish a coordinated implementation effort.
• Provide production system support to ensure each service level agreement is achieved.
• Provide new feature time estimates for simple to medium level system changes through systems analysis and definition.
• Perform tasks from multiple projects simultaneously.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in mainframe software application development and maintenance.
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 8 years of experience in mainframe software application development.
• A minimum of 5 years of standard mainframe (COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, VSAM etc) development experience.
• Experience analyzing, coding, testing, documenting, and installing projects of medium complexity.
• Working knowledge of System Life Cycle Development Methodology.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to perform tasks from multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with industry standard PC products. (Microsoft Office applications.).
• Ability to provide 24-hour/7-days-per-week on-call support on a rotating basis.
• Experience with Hogan and/or FIS ALS.
• Experience with Compuware suite of products like File-Aid, Abend-Aid, Xpeditor.
• Experience with agile development methodologies.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science.
• Banking/financial services industry experience.
Back to top