Senior Enterprise Monitoring Engineer (SolarWinds/ Splunk)
First Citizens Bank is one of the top financial services providers in the nation, recognized and awarded for our customer satisfaction, sustainable profitability, and overall stability and security. Our associates make First Citizens Bank a great place for our clients to do business. Those who grow, achieve and succeed with First Citizens Bank are those who share our core values of integrity, service excellence and stability.
The bank is currently seeking a Senior Monitoring Engineer. This person will be a member for the bank's Enterprise Monitoring Team. This role will provide guidance and day to day support in SolarWinds and Splunk tools. This individual would be versed in working with IT support teams and customers on implementing enterprise monitoring solutions. The position will also work with the Enterprise Monitoring team to help mature the bank's enterprise monitoring capabilities. Lastly, this individual will work with the operations center and support teams on implementing dashboards depicting overall health of the IT environment
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6 years work experience as a systems engineer in an enterprise data center environment with at least 2 years working as an enterprise monitoring engineer.
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 10 years work experience as a systems engineer in an enterprise data center environment with at least 2 years working as an enterprise monitoring engineer.
• Experience in the support and administration of the SolarWinds and Splunk products for both Network and Server/Application monitoring.
• Experience in supporting, implementing, and decommissioning enterprise monitoring tools.
• Good understanding of monitoring tools, components and best practices for network/application monitoring.
• Good understanding of the underlying technologies that are being monitoring including network devices, Windows, Linux/UNIX.
• A good understanding of Microsoft SQL and PowerShell.
• Excellent communication skills - must be able to communicate effectively with both IT support teams and IT management.
• Experience in influencing change and maturing an organization in enterprise monitoring.
• Basic project planning and management skills.
• Ability to be on call 24 x 7 x 365 (rotating duty).
• Experience in scripting in Powershell and/or other languages.
• Experience in APM tools is a plus
• Bachelor degree or higher in computer science.
• Banking or financial services industry experience.
Back to top