Merchant Product Specialist
The Merchant Product Specialist partners and collaborates with our Merchant Sales team, bankers, business clients and external payments vendors to ensure support needs and service levels are met. This associate assists with the evaluation, support and implementation of new products and software for use by our business clients to process card payments.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Evaluate, document and support new payment applications including desktop terminals, mobile payments and virtual terminal applications, payment gateways and point-of sale systems
• Develop and execute test scripts to ensure all payment terminal applications meet MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express requirements before implementation
• Serve as a point of escalation for customers, bankers and sales team
• Provide technical training and support for all merchant products and services
• Partner with Merchant Sales Specialists and bankers to demonstrate payment solutions to current and prospective merchant clients
First Citizens Bank is one of the top financial services providers in the nation, recognized and awarded for our customer satisfaction, sustainable profitability, and overall stability and security. Our associates make First Citizens Bank a great place for our clients to do business. Those who grow, achieve and succeed with First Citizens Bank are those who share our core values of integrity, service excellence and stability.
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 4 years Merchant Card Processing experience.
Ability to understand customer needs and translate them in order to find the right product to meet those needs.
Ability to translate product features and benefits into understandable reference material.
Excellent customer service skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle customer inquiries in a fast-paced team environment.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
Knowledge of and experience supporting merchant card processing systems and methodologies.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Strong computer skills including working knowledge of browser setting, firewalls and internet options.
Strong technical acumen.
Strong organization and time management skills.
Meet Some of First Citizens Bank's Employees
Cyber Threat Engineer
Robert maintains the integrity of First Citizens Bank’s software systems by developing programs that protect the company’s assets from malware and cyber-attacks.
Back to top