Major Incident Manager
- Raleigh, NC
As a Major Incident Manager, this position establishes, implements, and enforces the Incident Management discipline and associated standards and processes for IT. This role ensures that all associates and teams in IT comply with all Incident Management standards and processes. The Major Incident Manager establishes an environment of continuous process improvement. Lastly, this position leads overall compliance with the Incident Management System Plan and ensures incidents are recorded, assessed, evaluated, and resolved utilizing KPIs to measure process effectiveness.
• Lead conference calls during critical events and established meetings to confirm risks and impacts of incidents are clearly understood by all stakeholders.
• Lead and manage the Incident Management Lifecycle. Certifies that all incidents are recorded, reviewed, assessed, evaluated, authorized, coordinated, tested, and closed.
• Communicate with IT Teams and associates on process adherence, compliance, and areas of improvement.
• Develop and ensure organizational adherence to all Incident Management processes.
• Manage the process to meet department objectives and is performed as designed.
• Create reporting metrics and communicates appropriately. Metrics include KPIs, output metrics, workload metrics, and process metrics.
• Design and make recommendations for service process improvement plans.
Bachelor's degree with 8 years of experience in a Service Management and/or Incident Management role.
High school diploma or GED with 12 years of experience in a Service Management and/or Incident Management role.
•Experience managing a wide range of incidents in an enterprise environment
•Familiarity with the ITIL framework and Incident Management discipline
•Ability to create and perform effective presentations to Management
•Ability to communicate effectively (email and verbal) with multiple levels of Management
•Effective in process design, engineering, and improvement
•Available for periodic 24x7 on-call rotation
Other Preferred Qualifications:
•Six Sigma Green Belt.
•Working knowledge of Development and Operations Framework.
Back to top