Financial Business Systems Analyst
- Raleigh, NC
As a Financial Business Systems Analyst, you will be a member of the bank's Corporate Accounting team. This role will provide support for PeopleSoft Financials GL, AM and AP modules in the accounting department.
This functional position is responsible for:
• Identifying and assisting with application level issues (identify steps to recreate, impact assessment, testing solutions).
• Creating basic reports within PeopleSoft tools such as PSQuery for financial, cost and statistical data analysis.
• Serving as a business liaison between users, technical support, and management.
• Working with Business and/or Business Analysts to understand and document business requirements for systems enhancements.
• Performing systems testing for initiatives and projects.
• General business support and response to procedural questions.
• Completing configuration tasks such as new chartfields, hierarchy maintenance, profile setups.
• Completing accounting processes and controls in preparation for financial close, allocations following a checklist and procedures.
• Applying accounting knowledge to learn product features and assist end users.
• Writing and executing test scripts as a function of image update cycles to mitigate risk.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years of financial systems/accounting experience.
High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 8 years financial systems/accounting experience.
• Understanding of accounting practices, including corporate budgeting, cost accounting, depreciation methods, and other GAAP.
• Ability to write basic reports and configure individual financial system software modules with an emphasis on user Logic, database or equivalent skills.
• Possess ability to learn primary applications, such as PeopleSoft General Ledger, Asset Management and Accounts Payable, PSQuery, Cost Allocation, and Budget functions as well as the overall interface applications.
• Possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages, including Access, Excel and Word, to support general job functions.
• Possess quantitative, analytical, and conceptual and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to multi-task, supporting day-to-day assignments in addition to special projects and strategic initiatives.
• Ability to communicate with users, IT teams and management in a diplomatic and professional manner.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and accuracy-focused
• Willingness to take initiative and drive towards quality solutions
Other Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience with ERP systems with knowledge of configuration, report creation and associated business processes with general understanding of relational databases.
• Experience in Banking a plus.
• Experience with PeopleSoft FSCM 9.2, PeopleTools 8.56 or higher as well as testing tools a plus
• Understanding of relational databases and report writing tools.
• Functional knowledge of PeopleSoft Asset Management, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Expense Management or General Ledger modules.
Back to top