Staff Developer in Test - Technology - Contractor Conversion
- Rockville, MD
Under limited supervision, the Staff Developer in Test assists in ensuring the quality of software products by developing and executing software testing components, developing automation solutions and responsible for overall quality of the product throughout the software development life cycle.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop automation code, scripts, utilities, simulators, data generators, API/Interface testing solutions and other programmatic test tools as required to execute tests.
- Involvement in automation architecture design.
- Create test plans.
- Create and execute test cases based on test strategies and test plans.
- Participate in reviews of system architecture, code and design documents.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Identify project risks and assist with development of mitigation strategies.
- Execute and create load and performance tests solutions.
- Possess domain expertise in the project involved.
- Manual test execution.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering and 3+ years of cumulative experience in software development and/or test automation; or equivalent training and/or work experience.
- Firm grasp of testing process, test types and testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with object oriented design.
- Experience with programming in Java (preferred), C++, C#, or Ruby.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of algorithms to test solutions.
- Firm grasp of SQL and relational database design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with the Unix/Linux environment.
- Work is normally performed in an office environment.
- Occasional travel and extended hours may be required.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume. A writing sample may be required as part of the submission.
The information provided above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work of the position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.
Please note: If the â€Apply Nowâ€ button on a job board posting does not take you directly to the FINRA Careers site, enter www.finra.org/careers into your browser to reach our site directly.
FINRA strives to make our career site accessible to all users. If you need a disability-related accommodation for completing the application process, please contact FINRAâ€™s accommodation help line at 240.386.4865. Please note that this number is exclusively for inquiries regarding application accommodations.
In addition to a competitive salary, comprehensive health and welfare benefits, and incentive compensation, FINRA offers immediate participation and vesting in a 401(k) plan with company match. You will also be eligible for participation in an additional FINRA-funded retirement contribution, our tuition reimbursement program and many other benefits. If you would like to contribute to our important mission and work collegially in a professional organization that values intelligence, integrity and initiative, consider a career with FINRA.
FINRAâ€™s Code of Conduct imposes restrictions on employeesâ€™ investments and requires financial disclosures that are uniquely related to our role as a securities regulator. FINRA employees are required to disclose to FINRA all brokerage accounts that they maintain, and those in which they control trading or have a financial interest (including any trust account of which they are a trustee or beneficiary and all accounts of a spouse, domestic partner or minor child who lives with the employee) and to authorize their broker-dealers to provide FINRA with duplicate statements for all of those accounts. All of those accounts are subject to the Codeâ€™s investment and securities account restrictions, and new employees must comply with those investment restrictionsâ€"including disposing of any security issued by a company on FINRAâ€™s Prohibited Company List or obtaining a written waiver from their Executive Vice Presidentâ€"by the date they begin employment with FINRA. Employees may only maintain securities accounts that must be disclosed to FINRA at one or more securities firms that provide an electronic feed (e-feed) of data to FINRA, and must move securities accounts from other securities firms to a firm that provides an e-feed within three months of beginning employment.
You can read more about these restrictions here.
As standard practice, employees must also execute FINRAâ€™s Employee Confidentiality and Invention Assignment Agreement without qualification or modification and comply with the companyâ€™s policy on nepotism.
Search Firm Representatives
Please be advised that FINRA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, a valid written agreement and task order must be in place before any resumes are submitted to FINRA. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at FINRA without a valid written agreement and task order in place will be deemed the sole property of FINRA and no fee will be paid in the event that person is hired by FINRA.
FINRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal state or local laws as appropriate, or upon the protected status of the personâ€™s relatives, friends or associates.
FINRA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
FINRA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Â©2019 FINRA. All rights reserved. FINRA is a registered trademark of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.
Back to top