Staff Desktop Engineer - Technology
The Staff Desktop Engineer works under limited supervision and in conjunction with other team members to plan, design, and build high quality computing solutions in an enterprise Windows, MAC and Virtual environment.
- Designs and implements robust and scalable solutions to establish and maintain desktop hardware and software standards across all corporate client machines
- Consult with and make recommendations to management on selection of software products to address business requirements.
- Expands or modify systems to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends new products, technologies, roadmaps and strategies.
- Develops and communicates technical, systems and application standards and ensures compliance with existing standards.
- Installation, testing and tier III support of the FINRA desktop environment including hardware (PCs, printers, mobile devices, etc), software, operating systems and desktop messaging platforms.
- Reviews literature and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology. Prepares reports regarding new technology to communicate to management.
- Create, evaluate, maintain, modify and document desktop application packages; responsible for testing and evaluation of new desktop packages and implement prototypes.
- Development of packages and scripts to automate deployments, solve complex problems and improve the end user experience.
- Design and build desktop images
- Help design desktop support strategies that take into account our office bound and remote user base using both manual procedures and desktop tools.
- Resolve issues effectively and follow through to appropriate resolution, while creating repeatable process and eliminating repeat problems.
- Provides guidance to less senior team members.
- Ensure all processes and procedures take into account FINRA and industry best practices, as well as, participate in any formal review processes.
- Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
Provides escalated, highly complex Tier III technical support to customers by investigating and resolving systems-related matters, automated application deployments & the management of workstations using enterprise management tools.\nIdentifies, evaluates, and recommends new products, technologies, roadmaps and strategies.\nDevelops and communicates technical, systems and application standards and ensures compliance with existing standards.\nCreates and maintains systems documentation for testing and validation\nPerforms post-implementation 3rd level support, identifying root cause with strategic solutions to problems\nWorks with vendors to analyze and troubleshoot solutions\nPerforms other related duties as assigned
Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent with at least three (3) years of related experience assisting end users in a help desk or desktop support environment.\nExperience with Software packaging/sequencing, Image Building in a Windows or MAC OS and virtual desktop environment preferred.\nAbility to automate system behaviors using C#, C+, .net or other similar coding languages. \nExperience with SCCM, Active Directory, MS Office suite, Windows Registry and the Windows and MAC OSs.\nExperience with application packaging technologies (MSI, etc.).\nExperience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops.\nAbility to adapt and learn new technologies.\nCustomer service experience.\nStrong decision making, problem solving, and analytical skills.\nStrong organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow up.\nAbility to perform well in a fast- paced, team environment.\nGood written and verbal communication skills\nAbility to work independently and in a team environment
Work is normally performed in an office environment. Occasional travel and extended hours may be required.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume. A writing sample may be required as part of the submission.
The information provided above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work of the position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.
Please note: If the â€Apply Nowâ€ button on a job board posting does not take you directly to the FINRA Careers site, enter www.finra.org/careers into your browser to reach our site directly.
FINRA strives to make our career site accessible to all users. If you need a disability-related accommodation for completing the application process, please contact FINRAâ€™s accommodation help line at 240.386.4865. Please note that this number is exclusively for inquiries regarding application accommodations.
In addition to a competitive salary, comprehensive health and welfare benefits, and incentive compensation, FINRA offers immediate participation and vesting in a 401(k) plan with company match. You will also be eligible for participation in an additional FINRA-funded retirement contribution, our tuition reimbursement program and many other benefits. If you would like to contribute to our important mission and work collegially in a professional organization that values intelligence, integrity and initiative, consider a career with FINRA.
FINRAâ€™s Code of Conduct imposes restrictions on employeesâ€™ investments and requires financial disclosures that are uniquely related to our role as a securities regulator. FINRA employees are required to disclose to FINRA all brokerage accounts that they maintain, and those in which they control trading or have a financial interest (including any trust account of which they are a trustee or beneficiary and all accounts of a spouse, domestic partner or minor child who lives with the employee) and to authorize their broker-dealers to provide FINRA with duplicate statements for all of those accounts. All of those accounts are subject to the Codeâ€™s investment and securities account restrictions, and new employees must comply with those investment restrictionsâ€"including disposing of any security issued by a company on FINRAâ€™s Prohibited Company List or obtaining a written waiver from their Executive Vice Presidentâ€"by the date they begin employment with FINRA. Employees may only maintain securities accounts that must be disclosed to FINRA at one or more securities firms that provide an electronic feed (e-feed) of data to FINRA, and must move securities accounts from other securities firms to a firm that provides an e-feed within three months of beginning employment.
As standard practice, employees must also execute FINRAâ€™s Employee Confidentiality and Invention Assignment Agreement without qualification or modification and comply with the companyâ€™s policy on nepotism.
Search Firm Representatives
Please be advised that FINRA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, a valid written agreement and task order must be in place before any resumes are submitted to FINRA. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at FINRA without a valid written agreement and task order in place will be deemed the sole property of FINRA and no fee will be paid in the event that person is hired by FINRA.
FINRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal state or local laws as appropriate, or upon the protected status of the personâ€™s relatives, friends or associates.
FINRA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
FINRA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Â©2019 FINRA. All rights reserved. FINRA is a registered trademark of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.
Back to top