Associate Director-Technology (Application Engineering)
- Rockville, MD
Technology Manager generally autonomous in their oversight and active management of staff and reports directly to a Director or Senior Director.
- Directly manage team(s) focused on delivering high quality project results within one or more major technology disciplines: strategy, software development, operations, engineering, Quality Assurance development services, information security, and compliance.
- Manage a team (responsible for staff performance evaluations and management (e.g, discplinary); training and development; and have authority to hire).
- Identify and hire resource/skills needed within their team organization.
- Coordinate assignment of staff within a program.
- Ensure delivery of business value, risk mitigation, cost optimization and return on investment.
- Deliver results based upon FINRA annual goals, department goals and management requests.
- Develop department budget, performance standards, and schedules.
- Establish operating polices and procedures.
- Implement initiatives for continuous improvement and ideas for positive disruption
- Support the evaluation of new technologies, techniques, and tools.
- Work directly with outside vendors to negotiate services and product agreements
- Contribute to the establishment, evolution and continued compliance with standardÂ
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with peers both within and outside of Technology, and maintain them over time.practices and processes within the disciplines.
- Responsible for identifying project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Review and provide feedback on system architecture, code and design documents.
- Ensure compliance with FINRA technology policies and standards and ensures best practices.
- Bachelors's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or STEM degree and 7 year of software development and/or automation engineering experiencee, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.(OR) Masters with 5 yrs.
- 3-4 years supervisory/management experience
- Excellent understanding in computer science fundamentals - Algorithm design, Problem solving, Complexity analysis and data structures.
- Excellent understanding of Devops process,tool sets,Â design and CI/CD methodologies.
- Experience must include direct project experience in one of the following areas: strategy, software development, operations, engineering, development services, information security, and/or compliance.
- DemonstrableÂ experience with modern programming languages and common development technologies with software architecture and design skills.
- Demonstrable experience with DevopsÂ and automationÂ
- Demonstrable Experience with Cloud related technologies.
- Demonstrable Experience with Unix/Linux environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and leverage those relationships to improve the Devops maturity of the projects.
- Should be well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills rapidly.
- Minimum of 3 years of managing technical programs and/or processes including staff management of at least four (4) resources or budget of at least $1 million annually.
- Knowledge of business, technology and management principles involved in strategic planning, organizational change management, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented and have excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong background in Linux or Windows OS environment
- Understanding of CI and CD terminologies
- Solid understanding of web application stacks (J2EE, AngularJS, etc.) and Web servers (Apache httpd, Tomcat, Nginx)
- Basic experience with RDBMS technologies with some experience with NoSQL databases a plus
- Good troubleshooting and debugging mindset. Be able to provide immediate workarounds and long-term fix.
- Good written communication skills to document the observations in a post-mortem report.
- â€¢ Leadership Experience
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume. A writing sample may be required as part of the submission.
The information provided above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work of the position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.
Please note: If the â€Apply Nowâ€ button on a job board posting does not take you directly to the FINRA Careers site, enter www.finra.org/careers into your browser to reach our site directly.
FINRA strives to make our career site accessible to all users. If you need a disability-related accommodation for completing the application process, please contact FINRAâ€™s accommodation help line at 240.386.4865. Please note that this number is exclusively for inquiries regarding application accommodations.
In addition to a competitive salary, comprehensive health and welfare benefits, and incentive compensation, FINRA offers immediate participation and vesting in a 401(k) plan with company match. You will also be eligible for participation in an additional FINRA-funded retirement contribution, our tuition reimbursement program and many other benefits. If you would like to contribute to our important mission and work collegially in a professional organization that values intelligence, integrity and initiative, consider a career with FINRA.
FINRAâ€™s Code of Conduct imposes restrictions on employeesâ€™ investments and requires financial disclosures that are uniquely related to our role as a securities regulator. FINRA employees are required to disclose to FINRA all brokerage accounts that they maintain, and those in which they control trading or have a financial interest (including any trust account of which they are a trustee or beneficiary and all accounts of a spouse, domestic partner or minor child who lives with the employee) and to authorize their broker-dealers to provide FINRA with duplicate statements for all of those accounts. All of those accounts are subject to the Codeâ€™s investment and securities account restrictions, and new employees must comply with those investment restrictionsâ€"including disposing of any security issued by a company on FINRAâ€™s Prohibited Company List or obtaining a written waiver from their Executive Vice Presidentâ€"by the date they begin employment with FINRA. Employees may only maintain securities accounts that must be disclosed to FINRA at one or more securities firms that provide an electronic feed (e-feed) of data to FINRA, and must move securities accounts from other securities firms to a firm that provides an e-feed within three months of beginning employment.
You can read more about these restrictions here.
As standard practice, employees must also execute FINRAâ€™s Employee Confidentiality and Invention Assignment Agreement without qualification or modification and comply with the companyâ€™s policy on nepotism.
Search Firm Representatives
Please be advised that FINRA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, a valid written agreement and task order must be in place before any resumes are submitted to FINRA. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at FINRA without a valid written agreement and task order in place will be deemed the sole property of FINRA and no fee will be paid in the event that person is hired by FINRA.
FINRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal state or local laws as appropriate, or upon the protected status of the personâ€™s relatives, friends or associates.
FINRA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
FINRA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Â©2019 FINRA. All rights reserved. FINRA is a registered trademark of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.
Back to top