Business Consulting / Sales / Business Development
Entrepreneurial / Financial Wellness Programs
Financial Finesse is looking for Senior Consultants who have innate problem-solving and strategic thinking skills that will enable them to work with HR executives at Fortune 1000 companies to design and sell large-scale, customized workplace financial wellness programs. Every sale is different; there is no PowerPoint presentation, no standard demo. It is all about sitting across the table from someone and understanding the organization's most pressing strategic objectives and employee needs, then designing and selling highly customized programs with impactful solutions.
Founded in 1999 and currently experiencing exponential growth, Financial Finesse partners with over 600 organizations and reaches over 2.4 million individuals. We are committed to what we are doing, and we understand our market and clients exceptionally well, as we expand our team of dedicated consultants to meet the growing market demand. The right individuals for the team will be excited about taking ownership of their role in growing the company, passionate about expanding the impact of financial education, and will take this on as a mission, not just a job, during a time of great opportunity.
PROBLEMS WE SOLVE:
We are B2B2C. For organizations, our customized programs integrate employer-sponsored benefits and retirement plans, enhance utilization, reduce related expenses and risks, and improve employee engagement and productivity. Individual employees have access to our elite team of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS® through multiple channels and to our proprietary, open-architecture Financial Learning Center platform. Completely unbiased, with no sales pitch, our Planners work with people from all walks of life on any financial matter from debt and budgeting to retirement and estate planning. Not only is free access to an unbiased Financial Planner a unique service, but we have proven, behavior-changing results that have a positive impact on people's lives.
- Problem Solver – Senior Consultants have the opportunity to be on the forefront of creating impactful solutions for the organizations that reach out to us as prospective clients. From managing through strategic change to enhancing existing benefits, consultants custom-design solutions to meet strategic objectives while adapting to corporate cultures and procurement policies.
- Strategic Thinker (Chess Master) – As with the game of chess, success as a consultant requires strategy, careful planning and prioritization, thinking multiple steps ahead, the ability to readily adapt and pivot, and the motivation to act in order to continually progress towards goals. Consultants have the courage to try anything worth trying, but also know when to pull back, when to gently push, and when to negotiate from a position of strength.
- Relationship Manager – They understand how to build relationships with different people in different levels of an organization and adapt to different personalities and cultures, while juggling dozens of prospects at a time and prioritizing the most important ones. Consultants assess where companies are in the decision-making process and figure out what needs to be done to ultimately close the deal.
- Consultative Salesperson - While the ability to build relationships and ultimately sell custom solutions is critical, we most definitely do not take a traditional sales approach. This position is about assessing needs, solving problems, and knowing the right steps to take along what can often be a highly complex process involving multiple stakeholders.
- Versatile / Multi-Talented Contributor – Beyond core responsibilities, we also seek to leverage the strengths and interests of our employees in line with the needs of the business. Bring your intellectual curiosity and roll up your sleeves, as Financial Finesse is a flat organization with a relatively small team of driven and intelligent people often working cross-functionally to make strategic contributions to a business they believe in.
- Travel to prospect meetings – Consultants may travel approximately 10% of the time nationally.
THE RIGHT PEOPLE:
- Our team has a shared passion for our mission – industry background is not required, but having an appreciation for the value of financial education is a necessity
- The right candidates for the role have intrinsic motivation - they find meaning in the journey and in what they learn and build throughout it, including the bumps along the way.
- They thrive in ambiguity and opportunities to be innovative and make a meaningful contribution to something they believe in.
- Through creative problem solving and effective simplicity, they constantly look to create meaningful results.
- They know that while intelligence speaks, wisdom listens, and they have the humility to learn.
- They will never compromise the long term for the short term and will innately understand it is possible to both do well and do good when you design the right solutions for the right clients in the right way.
- They have tremendous integrity.
- 7 years of professional experience, with B2B experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working in a small and growing company, with a preference for a start-up like environment.
- Advanced degrees (such as an MBA) and other professional certifications are a plus.
We're an employee-owned company and a group of individuals inspired by what we get to do to every day, and we utilize thoughtful and innovative strategies to implement and expand our impact. Our entrepreneurial spirit and social mission are core to our culture. These are just a few of the reasons we've been honored as a "Best Place to Work" by the Los Angeles Business Journal for six consecutive years.
The Senior Consultant position is based out of our headquarter office in El Segundo, CA and reports to the Consulting Director, with additional mentorship by the CEO. The total compensation for the position ranges from $90,000 to $130,000, including a $90,000 base salary and a comprehensive quarterly and annual bonus program. Additional opportunities exist to participate in the success of the business through cash and equity-based programs. Our full benefit package includes: employer paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, HSA and FSA options, a 401(k) with immediate vesting of employer contributions, employee discount programs, a flexible work environment, and (of course!) best-in-class financial wellness resources. And if, like us, you also enjoy the other great things life, please bring your dog to the office, cook a full meal in our kitchen, wear your flip flops to work, and hold meetings from the rooftop deck.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
What to Expect
An Inside Look
What Our Employees Are Saying
Meet Some of Financial Finesse's Employees
Chief Technology Officer
Dusten makes sure the company is ready for its set next of challenges related to information privacy and support systems. He also oversees day-to-day IT operations for the entire team.
Back to top