This is the role for you if...
- You want to Change F'ing Lives- we're a mission-based financial wellness company turning the financial industry upside down by providing people with the tools to become financially empowered.
- You want a direct line to the CTO, Leadership Team, and to become a valuable resource for your cross-functional development knowledge and a hands-on approach to getting things done.
- You thrive when you can take calculated risks to change technical direction and can articulate the costs and benefits of the decision to both business and technical leadership.
- You want to be a part of the core resource team of a well-funded and well-connected boutique, yet growing, industry leader in financial wellness.
- You enjoy tackling new challenges with technology.
- You want to join a highly collaborative team that rewards quality code and effective communication.
Who we are
Financial Finesse is a B2B2C boutique firm located in El Segundo, CA since its founding in 1999, we have been the pioneering leader of the workplace financial wellness industry, which has recently reached an inflection point of growth. As an employee-owned company that operates with an entrepreneurial spirit and a philanthropic heart, we love what we do and the people we work with. We leverage the strengths of our people and proprietary technologies to work with large organizations such as Nestle, Aetna, Viacom, and the NFL Players Association to design and deliver full-scale, proprietary financial coaching technologies and services to provide their employees with free access to an unbiased Certified Financial Planner™ to drive behavior changing results. We've been around for 18 years, and we're honored to have been recognized by Los Angeles Business Journal as a 'Best Place to Work', by Entreprenuer.com as a 'Top Company Culture', and Best in Biz as 'Most Innovative Small Company of the Year'.
What you'll do & the impact you'll make
The Lead Developer position focuses on the day-to-day execution of our client facing web applications using the latest technologies such as Node and ReactJS. The primary goal of this role is to strengthen our technical advancements as a company and for our clients by keeping their end users engaged so that customers can extract superior value from their relationship with Financial Finesse. With your experience, you will play a pivotal role in the overall technical success for our market-leading corporate Financial Wellness programs.
- Leadership & Collaboration
- You will work with our CTO to be the future leader of our technology team: Ours is a small, agile, high performing group that develops new and maintains high scale applications in the cloud, ensure security and compliance and promotes the business through advancements in technology.
- Programming & Mentorship
- You will add hands-on expertise to solutions for the projects and problems that may arise while providing mentorship and growth the rest of the IT team. You'll drive and lead software design, development standards, and code reviews.
- Strategic Thinker
- You will manage the technological functions of the business and client strategies-consulting, creating project plans, managing implementation, acting as a liaison to communicate across teams, and being the driving force of execution and support. Success as a Lead Developer requires strategy, careful planning and prioritization, thinking multiple steps ahead, the ability to readily adapt and pivot, and the motivation to continually progress toward goals. You should have the courage to try anything worth trying, but also know when to pull back and when to gently push.
- Infrastructure Management
- To ensure our company and clients will never miss a beat when using our technologies, you will have the hands-on management of the infrastructure, databases, applications, and servers to ensure reliability and security across systems, along with developing and managing the technical standards of practice.
What you bring
While responsibilities in this position span multiple functions, we are (of course!) not expecting a depth of expertise in all the areas indicated. We look for the person in this role to have a drive for operational excellence, contribute in the areas they are skilled in while seeing and owning the connectivity across functions.
- 3+ years leading a development team with an end goal of contributing to the technology direction of a company.
- 3+ years of experience in IT roles demonstrating technical and professional leadership, B2B experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in a small and growing company, with a preference for a start-up like environment.
- Genuine passion for technology- we want someone that really enjoys their work and will take pleasure in solving difficult problems or optimizing our current systems.
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software.
- Ability to communicate and act as a liaison between business and IT.
O UR T ECH S TACK
- ReactJS ( required )
- Node ( strongly preferred )
- SQL/NoSQL (strongly preferred)
- AWS/Azure (strongly preferred)
- Google Material Design (strongly preferred)
- Continuous Integration ( preferred )
- Single Sign-On/SAML (preferred)
- Business continuity planning (preferred)
- General understanding of PHP (preferred)
- Version controls such as GIT (preferred)
What's in it for you
In addition to making a tangible difference in people's lives and working hard towards our mission, Financial Finesse is equipped with a group of bright, industry leading experts in the field of Financial Wellness, Client Success, Product and User Experience, Graphic Design, as well as Sales Management to help support you in this role, but we also know you must pay the bills somehow, so....
The Lead Developer position is based in Financial Finesse's headquarter office in El Segundo, CA. The total compensation includes a $110,000 base salary with quarterly and annual bonuses (typically 10-20% and up to 25%, respectively), resulting in a total compensation up to $159,500. Additional financial opportunities exist through cash-based profit sharing and through equity plans, and we offer a full comprehensive benefits package and 401k matching, including friends and family access to our talented unbiased CFPs through our Financial Finesse Helpline.
If you're like us, please bring your dog to the office, enjoy our snack-filled kitchen, wear flip-flops to work, and enjoy working flexible hours. Your career here is what you make of it, and long-term career opportunities exist as we continue to grow and build out our company. Our team at Financial Finesse loves what we do and has fun doing it together.
T AKE A P EEK I NSIDE !
The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/financialfinesse
Our CEO: https://www.lizdavidson.com/
Please note: This role is only open to direct, W2 candidates that can work onsite in El Segundo, CA.
Back to top