Jr. Graphic Designer (Contract)
Jr. Graphic Designer (Contract)
Calling all graphic gurus and layout lovers
Financial Finesse is hunt for a Contract Junior Graphic Designer to work for an expected duration of 90 days. This is an on-site role, working 20 hours per week in the headquarter office in El Segundo, CA. A fee between $15-20/hour will be agreed upon with the contractor, depending on skill level and experience, with a max budget of $3600. This role is only open to Independent Contractors, no W2 candidates at this time.
As a contract Graphic Designer, you'll work directly with our in-house Creative Team to assist across all Financial Finesse disciplines while contributing to, or managing, between one and three projects at a time. Primary projects include company and marketing collateral, events materials, company research documents, large format graphics, client support and related materials.
What you'll do
- Assist the in-house Graphic Designer with the production, editing, and creation of company and client-facing materials by utilizing style guides to ensure visual consistency and embrace best practices as set by our internal team.
- Execute visual design and creative requests from client or internal teams by ensuring that all creative material is in correct format for publication, including, but not limited to, prepress, print, video, and web.
- Undertake a visual QA test before release to ensure all outgoing products are accurately representative of the Financial Finesse brand.
- Organize all assets and deliverables based on methodologies defined by the internal Graphic Designer.
What you bring
- 2 to 5 years' experience in a Graphic Designer role, or working on Graphic Design projects (a portfolio of work is required)
- Expert skills in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and XD. Knowledge of Photoshop and CSS/HTML is a plus.
- Extremely high working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (required)
- Strong knowledge of graphics and design fundamentals (required)
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Material Design functionality, elements, and theory (strongly preferred)
- Experience with both PC and Mac OSX platforms
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, learn and adapt quickly and take direction from others.
- A portfolio highlighting mastery in graphic design across multiple mediums is REQUIRED for this role
- Willingness and ability to work short term (90 days), onsite 20 hours per week
Who we are
Financial Finesse is a B2B2C boutique firm located in El Segundo, CA since its founding in 1999, we have been the pioneering leader of the workplace financial wellness industry, which has recently reached an inflection point of growth. As an employee-owned company that operates with an entrepreneurial spirit and a philanthropic heart, we love what we do and the people we work with. We leverage the strengths of our people and proprietary technologies to work with large organizations such as Nestle, Aetna, Viacom, and the NFL Players Association to design and deliver full-scale, proprietary financial coaching technologies and services to provide their employees with free access to an unbiased Certified Financial Planner™ to drive behavior changing results. We've been around for 18 years, and we're honored to have been recognized by Los Angeles Business Journal as a 'Best Place to Work', by Entreprenuer.com as a 'Top Company Culture', and Best in Biz as 'Most Innovative Small Company of the Year'.
If you're like us, please bring your dog to the office, enjoy our snack-filled kitchen, wear flip-flops to work, and enjoy working flexible hours. Your experience here is what you make of it, and long-term career opportunities exist as we continue to grow and build out our company. Our team at Financial Finesse loves what we do and has fun doing it together.
Back to top